PDA

View Full Version : New Arrival

Hanna
01-26-2007, 09:40 PM
ITS HERE!! Got it all unpacked and set up. So far all we've done is rip a small board just to say we did something with it, but I have to do the software part before we can actually carve anything...so, tomorrow I guess. This is going to be sooooooooooooooooo cool:)

BobHill
01-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Presents, presents, just like your Birthday <g>. Have a ball !

Bob

Malfunction
01-27-2007, 10:17 AM
just remember, that old piece of lumber you have lying around may cause problems. if the thickness is uneven, it may rip one of your traction belts(i learned this the hard way :oops: ).

use decent lumber or plane the old stuff down if you can. before each use make sure to peek inside your machine really quick to notice anything abnormal.

i am by no means an expert, but i have learned these helpful tips from the couple of projects i have ran.

pkunk
01-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Nohow can you work with crooked wood. Most will not even respond to straightening on a jointer as the reason it's crooked will cause it to crook again. Trust me on that. The Carvewright™ is very particular about the wood it uses. It must have parallel sides, no knots over the board senser, be flat not bowed, & conform to the size requirements of the machine.

HandTurnedMaple
01-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Geez, almost as if it wants the results to befit a $2000 tool.

Always remember: GIGO

Malfunction
01-27-2007, 10:50 AM
if you had a hand planer you could surface a slightly crooked board down with good results. maybe even a surface planer if you got lucky.

pkunk
01-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Fella's----I have a full blown cabinet shop. :D I won't even try to work with some of that crooked wood. I've had reaction wood do some strange stuff. Do what you want, I was just voicing my educated opinion. :)