PDA

View Full Version : Custome molding template

marinan
05-31-2012, 08:46 PM
I need to make an exact copy of a flat drawing of a profile for custom molding. My husband does his own knives hence I need to be able to make a template out of acrylic. I have a scanner but when it transfer into the Design program the size is wrong. Help....

AskBud
05-31-2012, 08:56 PM
I need to make an exact copy of a flat drawing of a profile for custom molding. My husband does his own knives hence I need to be able to make a template out of acrylic. I have a scanner but when it transfer into the Design program the size is wrong. Help....While you have the Library open, before you place it on your design, make sure to un-check the box at the bottom that says "Scale to fit board". This should help.

If it's not the correct size, you may alter it via the red dots (it keeps the perspective that way). You can also turn on the grid (you set the scale) which will help you verify the alteration(s).

Another thing to consider is how you carve/cut this design. Each function has its own set ot rules/settings as to how the bit is applied.
AskBud