PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Problem

Bill Pratt
05-29-2012, 11:49 AM
I've been trying to acrtally run some patterns that I've used before. Eack time I go through the initial process of starting the maching after what should be the last "load bit ""X"" " the maching just keeps calling for that same bit over and over. I use multiple cards and the same thing with each card. Tried different parrerns with same result. Thoughts, inspirations, suggestings or maybe even a small prayer to the carving gods???

bergerud
05-29-2012, 12:31 PM
The first question is: does the bit plate on the right of the machine swing out? (twice with a thwack!) The bit should come down and touch it each time. If the plate does not swing out and the bit misses it, the machine will re ask to load the bit.

If this is not the problem, you may have to explain in more detail what is going on.

Digitalwoodshop
05-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Did you change the bit used from the past... A Bit placed in the Chuck longer than expected can do this..... The 1/8 inch cutting bit tolerance for length has been tightened up to a smaller tolerance of variation maximized for the CarveTite Pressed On Sleeve. A ROCK bit placed too long or too short will be a problem...

A HOLE in the plastic of the Brass Roller holder can do this.... Bit goes into the hole, expecting to touch the plastic....

And YES, a miss of the Bit Plate as posted above... But since the first 2 bits work... I would look at a DIRTY RAIL too.... Or Z Belt Cogs..

AL

Bill Pratt
05-29-2012, 02:11 PM
It's always good to hear from you guy(s)!

I'm more confused than ever. After trying everythin y'all suggesated I finially goy a carving to run. Howerer, this was supposed to be a 3 bit carvr - 1;16 cur. 90 V and 1/8 cut. I have used this pattern many times before without issue. The 1/8 cut should be that last bit called for in startup, because it is the first used. This time the program used the 1/16 cutting to do the 1/8 cutting function, without ever calling for the 1/8 cutting bit. I have looked and checked the program and confirmed the bit selection.

AskBud
05-29-2012, 03:46 PM
It's always good to hear from you guy(s)!

I'm more confused than ever. After trying everythin y'all suggesated I finially goy a carving to run. Howerer, this was supposed to be a 3 bit carvr - 1;16 cur. 90 V and 1/8 cut. I have used this pattern many times before without issue. The 1/8 cut should be that last bit called for in startup, because it is the first used. This time the program used the 1/16 cutting to do the 1/8 cutting function, without ever calling for the 1/8 cutting bit. I have looked and checked the program and confirmed the bit selection.Please attach your MPC. Raster carves, with the Carving bit should be done 1st. Cut-outs should be done last.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
05-29-2012, 08:33 PM
OK... In a Carving Bit, V90, and 1/8th Cutting Bit project the LAST bit used is normally the 1/8 inch Cutting Bit and it is the FIRST One asked for, then the V90, then the 1/16th Carving Bit.... Once the Carving bit is done doing it's bit checks then it will begin carving.

I think you are not paying close enough attention to what the LCD is ASKING... The only way the 1/16th Carving Bit bit will do a Cut Path is if when the LCD ASKS for the 1/8th CUTTING BIT that you load the 1/16th Carving BIT.....

Pay attention to the key word...

"Carving" as in TAPERED CARVING BIT.

"Cutting" as in a 1/8th END MILL type bit designed to do a Cut Path or a VECTOR CUT or a DRILLING.

I am with Ask Bud here... Post the .mpc so we can see....

IF you are seeing the machine ask for the WRONG BIT.... Then your machine may have a serious problem in the computer... OR Memory Card... But this is likely NOT the case and is what we call "Pilot Error" as in your crashing the Plane as your still learning the machine.

AL