PDA

View Full Version : A couple of DC questions

cestout
05-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Those of you who are running more than one machine and DCs, how do you do it - I mean connect your sucker to more than one machine? And, has anyone ever considered connecting a DC thru the end cover? That is the way the internal blower sends the dust and it would not be in the4 way of anything.
Clint

AskBud
05-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Those of you who are running more than one machine and DCs, how do you do it - I mean connect your sucker to more than one machine? And, has anyone ever considered connecting a DC thru the end cover? That is the way the internal blower sends the dust and it would not be in the4 way of anything.
ClintTry this thread.
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?14828-Dust-collection&p=128112#post128112
AskBud

fwharris
05-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Clint,

For a double hook up (2 machines) you can either put in a Y or T fitting with gate valves to regulate the air flow.

Kenm810 is probably the first one to hook up a dust collection system through the end panel. If doing this you will need to pay attention to any dust build up on the lead screw depending on what type of lube you use on it. Also note that the air deflector is more directed towards the Y rail and not straight across the board.

ladjr
05-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Clint

I currently have two machines with Ringneck DC connected to the same DC. I run them both or one at a time no problem. I have a three machine which I hope to add soon. I need to create a connection pipe. I currently use a "Y" at the DC. I have the side draft collector.

Leo

ladjr
05-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Here is a picture of my current set up. Please don't look at the mess.

Leo

TerryT
05-28-2012, 09:10 PM
That is pretty much the same setup that I have (same DC also) only I have blast gates on each machine.

ladjr
05-28-2012, 10:09 PM
I had gates but on one unit, when the bite slipped from my hand the CD suck it up.

Leo

cestout
06-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Thank you all for your input. On the end connected setup going also to the muffler port - an ABS toilet T 3" x 1 1/2" x 3" is what I have with my current downdraft. Cutting the cover and getting in the way of bit changes bothers me. That is why I was thinking the end - but sucking, not blowing. Not getting my second machine for about a month anyway, so I have time to figure it out.
Clint