PDA

View Full Version : Have problem with computer name

ladjr
05-28-2012, 02:06 AM
I just got my computer back from the repair shop. When I ran the Carvewright program it asked for a computer name. The one I gave it was the wrong name. Does anyone know how I can change that name now.

Thanks

Leo

AskBud
05-28-2012, 05:43 AM
I just got my computer back from the repair shop. When I ran the Carvewright program it asked for a computer name. The one I gave it was the wrong name. Does anyone know how I can change that name now.

Thanks

LeoLeo,
I just replied to your private message.
AskBud

If you have W-7 try these steps to find the Computer name. The Computer Name you used for the CW software is case sensitive.

1) Right click on an empty area of your desktop screen.
2) Left click (LC) Personalize > Control Panel > System & Security > System (or Computer Name).
This will show you how the PC is currently named.
Hopefully, if was not changed by repair!
If it was changed, you're still OK, you just need to dig deeper. We can find some info from LHR.
Go to the CW main site (Not the Forum). In the top Right hand corner is "Customer Login". Click there and enter your ID & Password. This should give you the computer name you set on the account. If this does not resolve your issue, you will need to call LHR Tuesday (while at your computer) and they will help you. Just explain the PC repair situation and they will get you back on line.

AskBud

mathman
05-28-2012, 10:31 AM
This will show you how the PC is currently named.
Hopefully, if was not changed by repair!
If it was changed, you're still OK, you just need to dig deeper. We can find some info from LHR.

Or you can just rename your PC if it was changed in repair:

Assuming Windows 7:

Control Panel > System & Security > System
Scroll down to the 'Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings' and click 'change settings'. Then click on 'Change' by the 'To rename this computer...' line.

David

bergerud
05-28-2012, 10:57 AM
I think you have to call LHR. The computer repair changed your computer and now the licencing software thinks it is a different comuter. If you have used both of your licenses, LHR has to remove one so you can add a new one. If you are only using one, you could just add a new one.