PDA

View Full Version : Antique Chair Photo Frame - Project of the Month JUNE 2012

mtylerfl
05-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Hello,

Here is a preview of the next Project of the Month (for JUNE 2012), the Antique Chair Photo Frame.

The Antique Chair Photo Frame offers a unique way to display a favorite photo. Reminiscent of the Queen Anne style of furniture, it has a charm all its own. The frame pocket on the backside is sized for a standard 4" x 6" photo and a glass and backing insert kit. The project uses just the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required.The finished dimensions of the Antique Chair Photo Frame are about 9" wide x 14" tall x ¾" thick.

Main items you will need:

1) The Project Files (included):
• Chair_Photo_Frame.mpc

2) Boards with the following dimensions:
Chair Photo Frame: 0.75" x 11" x 22"

(NOTE: Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above, or if you are using a sled, you can subtract 7" from the length of the board and have the sled provide the extra 7" required)

3) Sawtooth picture hanger, 4x6 glass and backing insert, inexpensive frame to scavenge turn button screws (scavenged from an inexpensive "dollar store" frame), sandpaper, wood stain and/or paint and clear finish

4) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted sanding wheels and bits to sand small details and speed up preparation for finishing.

Apply stain/paint and clearcoat of your choice.
Here’s what I used on my Antique Photo Frame made from Select Pine

• Rust-Oleum Ultimate Stain - Traditional Cherry
• Several coats of Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic spray

Smoken D
05-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Excellent Project Michael! Will be another one that will be fun!

Bigtyme
05-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Cool frame, Michel. Thank you. Can't wait to try it out...

b.sumner47
05-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Quite the project, Michael. Differant, a good choice, Thank You !

Capt Barry

liquidguitars
05-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Wow so nice!

henry1
05-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Hello,

Here is a preview of the next Project of the Month (for JUNE 2012), the Antique Chair Photo Frame.

The Antique Chair Photo Frame offers a unique way to display a favorite photo. Reminiscent of the Queen Anne style of furniture, it has a charm all its own. The frame pocket on the backside is sized for a standard 4" x 6" photo and a glass and backing insert kit. The project uses just the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required.The finished dimensions of the Antique Chair Photo Frame are about 9" wide x 14" tall x ¾" thick.

Main items you will need:

1) The Project Files (included):
• Chair_Photo_Frame.mpc

2) Boards with the following dimensions:
Chair Photo Frame: 0.75" x 11" x 22"

(NOTE: Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above, or if you are using a sled, you can subtract 7" from the length of the board and have the sled provide the extra 7" required)

3) Sawtooth picture hanger, 4x6 glass and backing insert, inexpensive frame to scavenge turn button screws (scavenged from an inexpensive "dollar store" frame), sandpaper, wood stain and/or paint and clear finish

4) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted sanding wheels and bits to sand small details and speed up preparation for finishing.

Apply stain/paint and clearcoat of your choice.
Here’s what I used on my Antique Photo Frame made from Select Pine

• Rust-Oleum Ultimate Stain - Traditional Cherry
• Several coats of Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic spray
Wow I like when will progect be in the store so you can buy it

eelamb
05-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Michael, when you showed this chair as an example in another post, I was blown away with the details, and wondered what it would end up being. This is a great pattern with some really great details.

ladjr
05-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Micheal

That is great. The seat looks like leather you did a great job staining it.

Leo

lynnfrwd
06-01-2012, 05:50 PM
POM headed your way.

CarversClub will have to wait until Monday.

Smoken D
06-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Got Mine:-D

b.sumner47
06-01-2012, 08:21 PM
What a wonderful treat, Where are thy 3-D Glasses ? Great Carve. Thanks, Michael T

Capt Barry

easybuilt
07-28-2012, 06:05 PM
I just finished carving another one of Michael' s antique chair picture frame using some of Sharon's techniques with interference paints. I used the gold on brown wood and then over sprayed it with pecan paint. The picture is my Grandparents and what do you think of my end result?

eelamb
07-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Very very nice job on that frame Tom.

ladjr
07-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Tom

I forgot all about that project Thanks for reminding me. Very nice job

easybuilt
07-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Thank you Leo and Eddie! I was surprised hows nice it came out.

SharonB
07-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Tom... Boy! That sure come out nice. I marvel at all the nice projects that's been coming out of your shop lately. Do you ever sleep?

easybuilt
07-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Thanks Sharon, my teacher! I sure enjoy what I do!!!! But you know that!

Ropdoc
09-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Hello all,

I purchased this project with plans to make and sell. How much do you think is fair to charge for this?

Thank you,
Dave