PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone, Waiting on my Carvewright

lishmantr
05-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Hello fellow carvers.My name is Tony and I am so new, I havent even received my machine yet. I am very excited and look forward to learning and sharing. I have been reading and rereading in order to know the basics when my machine arrives. Thanks to all for the useful information. One question, I am looking to use Corel draw and photoshop to make some carving patterns and I am new to that also. I have taken a picture in corel photoshop and turned it to a black and white line drawing and used the paint and eraser to select what i want cut out and not cut but the problem i now have is that I want to save this new image and open it with corel draw and corel trace to make other adjustments and dont know how to go about it. Can anyone lead me in the right direction on this? Thanks in advance.

chief2007
05-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Welcome to the forum, I will let the designers tell you which software is best to use for making patterns.

This forum is a great place for advice and assistance when you need it.

Take you time with setting up you machine and be sure to read all the materials and watch the instructional video.

Happy Carving!

seathis
05-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Welcome. Save as jpeg or png. Then in Corel try 'import' to open--bitmap--trace--line trace. See if that works.

lishmantr
05-28-2012, 12:34 AM
Thanks Chief and seathis, glad to be here. I appreciate the help and will surely try it. I can hardly wait to see how things work with an actual machine. lol

B.K. Dalton
05-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Welcome to the forum Tony. There is a lot of seasoned Carvewright folks on the forum...great place to get advice. Look forward to seeing some of your projects!!

-B.K.

ridgecrest
05-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Welcome aboard. I know the excitement you are experiencing. I just received my CW last week and I am in the process of setting it up now. Looking forward to interacting with you on this board. My short time on this forum has shown that folks are really kind and helpful here.

ladjr
05-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the forum. You are in for a lot of fun. Enjoy your machine.

Leo

cestout
05-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Welcome! About pattern designing - I would wait and learn the Designer Program and the machine so you understand more what the patterns do. You will need the pattern editor to edit any patterns you create. So just make neat things for a while then work your way into pattern designing.
Clint