PDA

View Full Version : What order are the bits used?

badbert
05-27-2012, 01:31 PM
I am trying my first cut-out pattern. An 18" tall mouse for my grandson Gabriel. When I loaded the project the machine went through the board measuring and then asked for the 1/8" cutting bit. I reluctantly installed it. The machine did it's bit routine and then asked for the 1/16" carving bit. It then began to carve normally. Why did the machine ask for the cutting bit if it didn't plan on using it?

fwharris
05-27-2012, 01:38 PM
At the start up the machine asks for the bits in the reverse order they will be used. It reads each bit length and stores it for when that bit will be used.

bergerud
05-27-2012, 01:44 PM
That is a question many have asked before. I think it is part of a "make the process bullet proof for dummies" philosophy. Make sure all of the bits required for the project are on hand and correct before it starts. Imagine if I set you a project which required a bit that you did not have. After carving for 4 hours, the machine asks for the bit. Bummer.

badbert
05-27-2012, 01:44 PM
At the start up the machine asks for the bits in the reverse order they will be used. It reads each bit length and stores it for when that bit will be used. OK thank you! First time for me, so I was a little nervous!

Digitalwoodshop
05-27-2012, 03:45 PM
I have had the exception to the rule... I cut many Wood Handles for my Accountability Boards with a Carve Region, V60 Text and a Cut Path.. I have gone in and changed the Text to a different name and when I loaded the board it would ask for the V60 first, then 1/8th then Carve with the 1/16th Carving Bit.... I do have it cut the name on the back first with the V60.... The Front Side will normally ask for the 1/8th inch Cut Out Bit, then V60, then Carving.... Then sometimes... The V60 first on the Front... ???? But it always Carves, Text then Cut Out...

Hope this did not confuse the issue... But I did see an exception to the rule...

AL