PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooting PDF's

pkunk
01-26-2007, 02:09 PM
We should all try to update this with PDF's from Carvewright™ so we have them in one place. You'll need Adobe Acrobat reader to read Them http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2_allversions.html
or for the Mac http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
PLEASE - NO POSTS IN THIS STICKY WITHOUT A PDF

Rick Devine
01-26-2007, 06:40 PM
And another one....

How to remove the cover.

The Bard
02-01-2007, 07:31 PM
http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/troubleshooting/registration.pdf

The Bard
02-05-2007, 07:08 PM
here's a post about changing/installing the Quick Change...

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2040&highlight=router

Rick Devine
02-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Converted the Recommended Flexshaft Lubrication located in Announcements to a downloadable PDF.

BobHill
02-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Bard,

I'll attach the Reader Icon and Zip the Acrobat Reader EXE file. You can ask your WEB Master to put it into the FTP site and then use the Reader icon as a LINK for people to download it (with appropriate lable). Try that. It's a quick way to attach it to anything "new" that needs PDF reading. Newest Readers are backward compatable.

I've compressed the EXE file (it's directly from Adobe) and is "clean" into a ZIP file.

Bob

The Bard
02-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Here guys!

I have a PDF put together by the great and powerful Rawls to explain how to uninstall and reinstall the infamous Z motor pack.

Thank you for your patience.

The Bard
02-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Hey people.

We've added a step in the crusade to "find the bit".

Here's the new file for that. It only adds one page but hey, its an important step.

911guy
08-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Carvewright send me this - an indepth how to cutpath for anyone interested...

mtylerfl
08-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Carvewright send me this - an indepth how to cutpath for anyone interested...

Hello Craig,

Thank you for posting that tutorial.

Bob Hill also wrote an excellent Cut-Out Tutorial you may be interested in. He covers additional details you may find helpful.

The tutorial is posted at http://www.allcw.com/files/Download/Outline-Cut-Tutorial.pdf

911guy
10-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Here you go.

911guy
12-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Found this out the hard way. My flexshaft melted with 52 hours on it. Called LHR, said the truck housing has to be lubed after 20 hours.

Jeff_Birt
01-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Here is a link to the Z-pack replacement PDF.

http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/replace%20z-pack.pdf

pkunk
07-10-2008, 07:00 PM
This is in 3 separate PDF's because of forum size limitations. I broke the 1 mb PDF into 3 smaller PDF's.

tomkattogether
07-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Hope this helps some....

tomkattogether
09-28-2008, 10:31 AM
-More PDF's

tomkattogether
09-28-2008, 10:39 AM
more PDF's

tomkattogether
09-28-2008, 10:46 AM
more PDF's

woodie
11-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Ok. I hope I can describe my problem before my brain runs out of words. On the last several carves the cut motor has been speeding up and slowing down. I read several posts before where it was stated that their machine did the same thing, so I thought nothing of it. Well, the last carve I tried it started out fine, then about 3 minutes into it, it sounded like a car running out of gas. Going at what I would say a normal speed, and then it slowed way down, then speeded up, slowed down, and then stopped. The Y and Z motors (back and forth, up and down functions) where still operating. I called LHR and they had me do some things and it started (they were listening to it on the phone). It ran for about 3 minutes and started doing the same thing as before. They sent me a cut motor, still same as before( speed up slow down finally stop). Then they sent the little green circuit board ( I don't know what it is called). Still no cure. Now they sent me a power pac. No change, Only now it runs for about a minute and stops, everything else keeps on running. I am hoping someone who might have had this problem would know of a cause for this problem and offer a solution. Thanks Woodie

Digitalwoodshop
11-15-2008, 12:25 PM
The only thing left is a loose Right Side cover Switch....

AL

woodie
11-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Do you mean the side opposite the keypad?

BobHill
11-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Woodie,
Have ou checked the heat of the drive cable to be sure it's not overheating and perhaps binding enough to drag down the motor?
Bob Hill

woodie
11-15-2008, 03:11 PM
I just tried it again and it ran for 15 seconds before stopping. And the flex cable was not hot. Thanks for the response.

Digitalwoodshop
11-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Remove the top cover and check the screws holding the right cover switch, I removed the plastic cover on my switch to let the screws get a better bite into the cover. With the top cover removed and moved around without supporting the clear cover can push the left and right switch to the point that they stop working. Always support the clear cover when the top cover is removed.

When you replaced the cut motor you also worked with the wire connectors for the cut motor so none of the connections are loose. That would have been a place to look for a loose connection but not after replacing the motor.

Was the green circuit board the one from under the machine called the X Termination board? Or the small board that measures the motor speed on top of the motor.

If you did not replace the X Termination board, it has the switch or Transistor Switch that turns on and off the Cut Motor. It could be causing all the trouble.... My C1 Capacitor was broken on 2 of my 3 machines....

Let us know.

AL

Picture of the X Termination board. Picture 3 the X Termination board is to the right next to the silver cooling fins of the X Drive motor.

woodie
11-15-2008, 05:13 PM
The green circuit board I replaced is like the one in picture 1. I will check the cover switches on Monday. Off to talk to the LORD now. Maybe if I talk to HIM a little nicer than I have been concerning this problem HE might show me some mercy. Thanks for your quick response. Woodie

Digitalwoodshop
11-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Make him something nice when you get your machine fixed...

AL

woodie
11-17-2008, 07:57 PM
I checked the switches and they seemed alright (for what I know about it). I called LHR and after a lenghtly discussion and somemore tests they came to the conclusion that it was the switch on the far side. They are sending me one. Will let you know if that does the trick. Thanks again for your responses. Woodie

woodie
11-21-2008, 06:27 PM
I got my switch and installed it today. That's what the problem was. Just like you said, Al. One of these days I hope to have half as much knowledge about this machine as you do. Thank you so much.
Woodie

fwharris
11-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Woodie,

Sounds like your prayers were answered! Glad to see the switch did the trick. Al is on the money more times than not. LHR should be sending a little his way for on line trouble shooting. Could save them a few phone calls to the techs.

Digitalwoodshop
11-22-2008, 10:59 AM
I think they are sending me some Red Lacktite..... Snicker......

They put up with my troubleshooting opinions..... And YES sometimes I am just WRONG....

Here is my latest project dressed up with the help of the Carve Machine. The Fire Department gets a free sign after passing out the tags and returning my display rack.

Epoxy domed on both sides.

Fire Accountability Tags. Show qualifications.

Red can enter a burning building
Blue EMS
Green Fire Police
Yellow Jr. Fire Fighter cannot enter a burning building.

Put reflective Station numbers on the back in vinyl.

AL

LollyWood
11-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Got just one word for ya after a project like that Al....SLEEP!! ;)

Great work Sir, thanks for look'n out for our finest home grown.

Eagle Hollow
11-22-2008, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=LollyWood;71036]Got just one word for ya after a project like that Al....SLEEP!! ;)

Man, do I agree! I'm tired just thinking about all that work.

rhmakoto
01-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Are there any PDF files on a z stall - I ve searched the forum and could on find 246 error with a scanning probe. Mine is just carving. The motor travels smoothly.???? Any suggestions out there???:confused:

whr1900
01-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Al
You started to tell me what you were using to do your accountability tags'
I am using 1/8 3 ply made by rowmark are u using anytrhing different and how well does it work.
William

want2b
05-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Finally got around to making something showing how the probe is cabled to the controller. Sorry for the drawings, not any good with paint or other programs so just drew them on a word doc. Normally you can use the menu and watch the sensor but if it never changes this might help prove where the problem lies.
Good luck Rick H.

PCW
05-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Rick

That will come in handy one of the days. Thank You

mfdchief
06-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Here is what I got from LHR. Hope you have better luck than I did with the calibration.

Mark

Icutone2
07-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Does any one know the size of the nut on the back side of the Z truck?
The two on the right are ex centric as i have been told, I would need to tighten them to remove the play in the truck. But haven't seen any ware that tells
the size of the wrench.
Thanks to all that can help!
Lee
Now using 1.150

PCW
07-08-2009, 09:47 AM
To remove and replace the Z-truck you will need the following tools:

• 4mm Allen wrench

• 12mm stamped flat wrench

• #2 Phillips screwdriver (magnetic tip preferred)

• Loctite

Icutone2
07-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Thank You for the info! Have the ROCK chuck and after first carve found the truck a little loose, fix it now worry later!
Thanks again and Cheers
Lee

PCW
07-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Go here to access all the Manuals/Documentation/Repair Procedures

http://www.carvewright.com/cms/customer_service

Icutone2
07-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Thank You I got it! Evan bookmarked it.
Lee

want2b
07-11-2009, 06:40 AM
Had a similar problem with mine, traced a lot of the cabling and made this PDF. Hope it helps, as suggested above I used an Ohmmeter to validate the open/closed state. Started with the probe, then added the extension cable and then into the machine cabling. Hope it helps.
Rick H.

Rmaker
11-08-2009, 03:50 PM
My machine wants to carve a smaller design for the size of board I want to carve on even when I set the proper board sizes. Any suggestions.

Thanks, Rod

Ike
11-08-2009, 03:54 PM
My machine wants to carve a smaller design for the size of board I want to carve on even when I set the proper board sizes. Any suggestions.

Thanks, Rod

Are you pushing yes to stay under rollers during set up? If so it will reduce your project. So you need to push no or use a board 7" longer which is wasted or build a sled.

Ike

mtylerfl
11-09-2009, 10:28 AM

Thanks, Rod

Hello Rod,

It is good practice to be sure your projects stay under the compression rollers at all times. Otherwise, you will have an assortment of problems sooner or later.

Please read the following Tips and Tricks Newsletters to learn how to set up your projects and avoid the common problems that newcomers often experience...

- ISSUE 3 December 2007 "Handy Tips for Everyone!" (http://www.carvebuddy.com/PDFs/CW_TipsandTricks_Newsletters/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Dec07.pdf)

- ISSUE 4 January 2008
"An Easy Project Tutorial & The Care and Feeding of Your CarveWright/ CompuCarve™ Machine" (http://www.carvebuddy.com/PDFs/CW_TipsandTricks_Newsletters/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Jan08.pdf)

- ISSUE 18 March 2009
"Scaling and How To Avoid It" (http://www.carvebuddy.com/PDFs/CW_TipsandTricks_Newsletters/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Mar09.pdf)

badger2424
11-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Here is the page for Carvewrights Maintenace and Service Documents. I use them all the time. http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm They might already be here, if so, here they are again.

baby15
01-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Exception stack fault anyone know what that means

AskBud
01-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Exception stack fault anyone know what that means

What are you quoting? Is this an Error message from the machine, or a quote from a particular thread or PDF?
AskBud