PDA

View Full Version : How does my Computer know if I have a license for a specific pattern?

crash5050
05-23-2012, 05:18 PM
This is a weird situation, I was looking thru all of the patterns that I have collected and I found a Staff Seargent's stripes that I wanted to put on a plaque for an SSG friend of mine. I have no Idea where I got that pattern, or when or how? But it told me that it wasn't licensed. How can I find out who owns it?

David

fwharris
05-23-2012, 05:26 PM
If the pattern is highlighted with a red box you must of down loaded from the pattern depot as a "try".

this is the only source that when you down load a pattern you have to get a license to use.

eelamb
05-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Crash5050 did it give you this message when you tied to edit it in Pattern Editor? If so then any pattern you have was not created by you will give you this message, only pattern you create can be edited by you. If you got the message when you tried to upload it to your card, then it is a licensed pattern from the CW store. By using the name of the file, you may be able to search the store (pattern depot) and find the pattern there and see who made the pattern.
Patterns you can not edit in pattern editor can not be traced to the owner unless the creator see's the pattern and speaks up, that I know of.

AskBud
05-23-2012, 06:03 PM
This is a weird situation, I was looking thru all of the patterns that I have collected and I found a Staff Seargent's stripes that I wanted to put on a plaque for an SSG friend of mine. I have no Idea where I got that pattern, or when or how? But it told me that it wasn't licensed. How can I find out who owns it?

DavidWhat branch of the service? What is the exact name of the pattern file (presuming you have not altered it)?
Is this in the ball park?
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?12154-Department-of-the-Air-Force&p=97467#post97467
AskBud

crash5050
05-23-2012, 06:29 PM
It has a red box around it, luckily though, I bought some CD's form out resident pattern expert and he included the needed files on his military CD.

David