PDA

View Full Version : Another Machine Received

HandTurnedMaple
01-26-2007, 01:53 PM
OK, got mine in. Now I just have to remain calm, sit down and read the manual, then read the FAQ again, then the Troubleshooting and Announcements forum, update my firmware, and set up and aligning the machine. So I should have my first carving done by Tuesday I think. :lol:

Aaron B
01-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Congrats, ....now just take it easy!! :lol:

The Bard
01-26-2007, 02:47 PM
You forgot spin around five times, Pray to Thor, and sacrifice a softdrink to the roses.

This is very important and is the most likely missed step.

Wood Butcher
01-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Don’t underestimate Zen.
Relax, find your inner peace.
Imagine turning on the machine and seeing no error messages.
See the design in your minds eye.
Slowly caress the keypad and feel your creative energy flowing into the machine.
Move fluidly and with purpose as you place your work piece into the machine.
Be the wood.
Set the controls with a confident outlook and press go.

Then grab a beer and watch the chips fly.
If all else fails, have CW in speed dial.
:D :D :D

HandTurnedMaple
01-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Good to go. Actually, I got impatient with all the reading. I just updated the firmware, visually checked the machine and started carving.

I only had one problem. On the edge nearest the back of the machine, the cutout tool left striations that was not present on the other 240 degrees.

jdrof
01-26-2007, 03:34 PM
I've had my machine about a week now and the only problem I have is me. The machine does exactly what it is told to do, that is , carving my mistakes.

As soon as I figure out the design process I will be on my way to making an endless supply of saw dust.

Thank you all for this great forum, I have been checking in on a daily basis -- WHAT A BIG HELP!

The Bard
01-26-2007, 07:33 PM
one man's mistake, is another man's abstract art.