PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I use "cut path" on this

KeystoneChuck
05-20-2012, 11:16 PM
I've been trying to cut out simple sayings and I can not use the cut path feature to finish my saying. I outline the word then use the cut path to get rid of the unwanted material; but when it comes to cutting inside a letter the cut path command only works on some of the letters. I made a simple "M" letter to show you what I mean. I outlined the entire project. Used the cut path feature for the outside but when I try to use cut path for the inside of the "M" it is not avaliable to use. Any ideas?53332

lawrence
05-20-2012, 11:27 PM
check that the vector is closed-- it almost never is the first time I do it... you really have to zoom in and check for the hashed red line.

Lawrence

AskBud
05-20-2012, 11:41 PM
I've been trying to cut out simple sayings and I can not use the cut path feature to finish my saying. I outline the word then use the cut path to get rid of the unwanted material; but when it comes to cutting inside a letter the cut path command only works on some of the letters. I made a simple "M" letter to show you what I mean. I outlined the entire project. Used the cut path feature for the outside but when I try to use cut path for the inside of the "M" it is not avaliable to use. Any ideas?53332Cut paths need to be "Closed figures" or a vector line that exits the design. We can "close" some figures by using the Option found in the VIEW Icon drop-down titled "Toggle Non-Endpoints". If your figure is too small for the Outline to close this section, you probably will need to draw another connected line figure to accomplish the task.
AskBud

bjbethke
05-21-2012, 08:20 AM
I've been trying to cut out simple sayings and I can not use the cut path feature to finish my saying. I outline the word then use the cut path to get rid of the unwanted material; but when it comes to cutting inside a letter the cut path command only works on some of the letters. I made a simple "M" letter to show you what I mean. I outlined the entire project. Used the cut path feature for the outside but when I try to use cut path for the inside of the "M" it is not avaliable to use. Any ideas?53332

I have seen that several times the Outline function is drawing that in two to three lines, I think it is the sharp points in the image. I just redraw the line with the "Connected lines tool". You need a closed loop to use the "Cutpath tool"