PDA

View Full Version : Frustration over editor lockups

WoodenWizard
05-20-2012, 02:07 PM
So here is my issue. Start the designer - select open pattern editor - this works. Select Import - Import Image File - This is my issue - Screen flashes and windows staus bar shows 2 sections open for the designer but program completely locked up. Only way to unlock is to kill it from task manager. Was getting this almost every time. Sometimes I can reboot and clear issue. Sometimes I try 10 times and finaly it works. Example after much frustration to open a file I started this post and went through the steps as I write... yep you guessed it - worked this time. Al I want to do is open the editor when I want to and not play silly games. OK I have officialy vented... now any suggestions? For information I am an avid gamer and my system will play anything maxed out.. so plenty memory and computing power. Win 7 Pofessional 64 bit.

lawrence
05-20-2012, 02:16 PM
I had that same type of thing a while ago and un-installed and re-installed the designer software and it worked just fine after that.

Might be worth a try,
Lawrence

fwharris
05-20-2012, 02:26 PM
How large is your favorites list? If you have a lot of patterns loaded in your favorites list in designer they will bog down designer and the pattern editor.

lynnfrwd
05-20-2012, 02:27 PM
What is the format of the file u are trying to open? Try file, then import image and save to pattern library, then double click to open in pattern editor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deolman
05-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Did you install Designer as Administrator?

WoodenWizard
05-20-2012, 03:14 PM
SO I uninstalled and reinstalled as Administrator.. pretty sure I did that the first time. I found I had double my Favorites.. from another thread... deleted oldest one. As to Lynn's question I never got to select a file while in editor it would flash and lock up without bringing up the window to select a file. After all that I just tried it and seems to work. I guess I will need to make a directory with all the files I seem to be accumulating.. make some JPG of what the file is so I can select the one I want witout having it in my favorites... Is there a better way?

Digitalwoodshop
05-20-2012, 07:25 PM
I have a huge CarveWright Project directory by project in Documents and back it up on a USB Hard Drive very often... Sounds like you have it now.

AL

bjbethke
05-21-2012, 10:19 AM
So here is my issue. Start the designer - select open pattern editor - this works. Select Import - Import Image File - This is my issue - Screen flashes and windows staus bar shows 2 sections open for the designer but program completely locked up. Only way to unlock is to kill it from task manager. Was getting this almost every time. Sometimes I can reboot and clear issue. Sometimes I try 10 times and finaly it works. Example after much frustration to open a file I started this post and went through the steps as I write... yep you guessed it - worked this time. Al I want to do is open the editor when I want to and not play silly games. OK I have officialy vented... now any suggestions? For information I am an avid gamer and my system will play anything maxed out.. so plenty memory and computing power. Win 7 Pofessional 64 bit.

Looks like you are over loading your MPN file, see; http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?20665-Can-quot-t-save-Patterns&p=177236#post177236

WoodenWizard
05-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Looks you are over loading your MPN file, see; http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?20665-Can-quot-t-save-Patterns&p=177236#post177236

That is at least one of the problems. I opened that file a little bit after getting the machine (looking for where files were stored) This link was extremely helpfull. Maybe this issue need to be included in the manual.

I have a huge CarveWright Project directory by project in Documents and back it up on a USB Hard Drive very often... Sounds like you have it now.

AL

I am a Pack-Rat. I can not help but download all the files this forum has. The talent is great. I love having lots of choices so even if I don't see a use now, I get the file anyway, If for anything but insperation. I want to thank everyone for the great help this forum is providing.