PDA

View Full Version : patttern size

amundo
05-20-2012, 12:31 PM
are patterns sized to a particular size, or can i resize to what i want, when i size the pattern it goes back to the smaller size.
thanks
amundo

fwharris
05-20-2012, 01:05 PM
They all do have a set size but yes the patterns can be sized to what ever you need. Now I am assuming you are talking about doing this in designer and not the pattern editor.

First you must make sure the pattern is highlighted by clicking on the pattern on the board or in the view list. You should get a whit box around the pattern. Click and hold the mouse button on one of the red dots on the corner and then drag out or in to size. You can also type in the size in the dimension box.

cestout
05-20-2012, 01:36 PM
But if you type the size into the dimension box, the ratio will stay constant. If you drag a corner the ratio will also stay constant. If you want to change just the length or width, grab that edge and drag. For inatance, a corner pattern on a box top - put it in one corner, drag the horizontal edge to the horizontal center and the vertical edge to the vertical center, then mirror it in all four corners.
Clint

amundo
05-24-2012, 07:06 PM
i have done what all has said, but a example would be the bird design, it appears to be 5 wide x 15 tall. that appears to be a fixed size.

AskBud
05-24-2012, 07:46 PM
i have done what all has said, but a example would be the bird design, it appears to be 5 wide x 15 tall. that appears to be a fixed size.What is the name of your pattern? Where did you get it? AskBud