PDA

View Full Version : Like the Tin Man, I need a heart.

cestout
05-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Sad story, I got a call from a young lady who needs a box to put the box with her baby sisters ashes in. She wants a small heart with a larger one on each side of it on the front of the box. I can't find a plain rounded heart pattern and I can only make a flat one. Every thing is the store has filigree or an arrow or something. I just need something plain and "domed". I will pay the normal pattern store price.
Thanks
Clint

gwhiz
05-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Clint

It's simple, but here's one that I've used in the past. It's set up as two sided with manual tabs, intended to be cut out...

gwhiz
05-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Found another that Ken posted here in 2009...

bjbethke
05-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Sad story, I got a call from a young lady who needs a box to put the box with her baby sisters ashes in. She wants a small heart with a larger one on each side of it on the front of the box. I can't find a plain rounded heart pattern and I can only make a flat one. Every thing is the store has filigree or an arrow or something. I just need something plain and "domed". I will pay the normal pattern store price.
Thanks
Clint

Is this one like what you are looking for?

cestout
05-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Thanks to you both. I hadn't figured out how the arrange the three, but that arrangement is perfect! I think I will use one of George's hearts with BJB's positioning idea. I will post a photo when I am done, but it will be a while - I have a 250 hour job going so I told them the best I can do is before July - ok with them.
Thanks again
Clint

cestout
06-07-2012, 07:05 PM
The box is carving now. I will post finished photos. They chose a larger version of my "Little Potbelly Box" (in the store) and I am using a very cute angel from the store by AskBud.
Clint

SteveNelson46
06-07-2012, 09:22 PM

Clint

This heart box I designed for my mother on Mother's Day. It's about 8 inches by 8 inches and you can add as many middle sections as you want to make the box deeper. You are welcome to use it. PM me with your email address and I will send you the MPCs along with my notes in a zip file.

cestout
06-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Here is the finished box. Thanks for the help with the hearts and the very affordable angel.
Clint