PDA

View Full Version : Looking fora mature cat pattern

want2b
05-10-2012, 06:01 AM
Grandaughters cat has reached that point in life and will be euthanized this weekend. Am making
a small burial box for her and would like to put a mature cat along with the name on the lid.
Searched and found a lot of kittens but not mature cats, prabably due to my poor search
pattern. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx, Rick H.

chevytrucking
05-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Here's the only one I've got that might work. Good luck.

jpaluck
05-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Rick,

Here is a quick one...I used blender with a free model online I found. I cleaned the model fairly well - blender leaves some stepping with the heightmap - but I also attached the image if you want play with it further

bjbethke
05-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Grandaughters cat has reached that point in life and will be euthanized this weekend. Am making
a small burial box for her and would like to put a mature cat along with the name on the lid.
Searched and found a lot of kittens but not mature cats, prabably due to my poor search
pattern. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx, Rick H.

Will this work?

want2b
05-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Thx guys, all three have their possibilities. I'm not the artistic one in the family so Ill get others to make the call. Really do appreciate your help
and willingness to share, that quick reaching out to help each other is what drew me to this forum and to the carver years ago. Wish I had some
of the talent seen here so I could share something useful.
Anyway, will try and get a pic to post when done.
Aqain thx,
Rick

want2b
05-19-2012, 09:46 PM

Sorry to be so long posting, just never enough time. Photo is of the lid, flash seems to have washed out the background of the carve region.
This was the one everyone agreed seemed to match his attitude, wife did the painting to match apic we had. Grandaughter was overwhelmed along
with her mother. Vet made the ordeal easier for all, recognised that there was a lot of emotion involved, said she had never seen anything done
quite that elaborate for a pet.
Was a very basic carve compared to what we get to see here on the forum, comments just made me realise again how many people have not seen the
products that can be done with the carver
Again thanks to you guys for sharing your work so I could make this. Seems grandkids bring out a lot in us we never thought about.

Rick