PDA

View Full Version : Clear board sensor Any photos?

pontiak
01-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Well my first problem. I have 17 hours on the machine. Just turned it on .Picked a program. Get to load the board. Then Clear board sensor. I cleaned the Edge board sensor.Is there another sensor I missed?Any photos of where these sensors are located?

pontiak
01-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Just spent about two hours working on the machine. I cleaned the board sensor.I did the test on the sensor. I only get the #36 when the board is in there. It says it should read 130. Do you guys think My board sensor is Bad?Dark wood sends it into CLEAR BOARD SENSOR. I can only use light colored wood like pine. Anything else won't work. Man this sucks. I was just enjoying the stuff I was making. But I think this machine is not ready for the public. I'm very good at mechanics.But this machine seems to have to many problems for the general public. I'm gona keep at it.Hope I can get it fixed.

Jeff_Birt
01-28-2007, 12:04 PM
I have seen from other posts that sometimes sawdust can get up underneath the clear cover of the board sensor. There are two screws that hold in place. According to Bard you can remove those two screws, drop the sensor out and unplug it, then remove the cover and clean it.

howsharbell
02-05-2007, 07:00 PM
I just replaced my z-motor this morning (after being out of commision for too long) got 1 project completed (my first) and now i get the message "clear board sensors" no matter how much i clear it. I know someone mentioned that Bard said to undo the 2 screws and lower the sensor but i'm a little (well ok a lot) machine illirerate. anyone able to take some pictures and help me get my sensors cleared so I can move on to project #2?

Thanks in advance....beg, beg, plead.....Shari

KarmaJon
02-06-2007, 06:27 PM
{edit}..anyone able to take some pictures and help me get my sensors cleared so I can move on to project #2?

Thanks in advance....beg, beg, plead.....Shari

I'm uploading here. Worthy of note: Take care of which screw comes out of which hole! Maybe it was just the vodka, but it seemed that they didn't go back in as easy as they came out until I switched the hole I was trying, so maybe they're keyed by size or thread or something...)

(The photos are in reverse order! Note to self...... :!: )

1) Photo one shows the shiny aluminum Z-truck. Right over the word "BOARD" in the caption is my board sensor hanging out of the bottom.

2) This is a picture of the BOARD SENSOR from the business end. This is what you would see if your head was about four inches in diameter and you could get underneath the Z-truck.

3) This is the fun business stuff of the circuit board.

Hope this helps 8)

nodwell
02-06-2007, 06:36 PM
I had the same problem last weekend. Corrected by just rotating the compression roller a few time. Seems like some saw dust had gotten trapped around them.

Hope your fix is as simple.

howsharbell
02-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks everyone! I am up and rollin again. the only problem is that i have no idea what I did. I was trying to take off the sensor and was having a bit of trouble so in the process I pushed, pulled, jogged, and prodded. anyway, i decided to just check again just in case I didn't really need to take the sensor off and tadaa!

Until the next issue... Shari

HandTurnedMaple
02-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Sounds like your...(I can never remember what to call it while I'm front of the computer)...ribbon wire in the back of the head may be coming loose. There are a number of threads on the forum discussing fixing this.