PDA

View Full Version : WOW!/./ $2,000.00 ONE SIGN!

GIZMO1D1
01-25-2007, 07:17 PM
PLAIN AND SIMPLE.........

NEWBE HERE.. WAITED 2 MONTHS...... RAN 1ST 33 MIN PROJECT...

NOW IT WONT TURN ON...!!!!!! (READ THE POST///FLASH CARD POWER/CONTRAST/// DONE......

Fireman Phil
01-25-2007, 08:49 PM
If you'll calm down and post your problem on a forum, maybe somebody can help. There are alot of very savy carvers out there that know alot about the machine.

-Phil

GIZMO1D1
01-25-2007, 09:12 PM
GREAT!!!///

SPENT 1 HOUR 47 MIN..ON A PHONE///REPEATING MYSELF TO 5///COUNT EM...1/2/3/4/5 PEOPLE OVER AND OVER SAME PROBLEM...

IM GONNA SEND PICS OF ME TAKING A 100 TON PLATE PRESS TO THIS MACHINE //

Dan-Woodman
01-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Do you have the memory card in it?
Or do you have the contrast turned down on the screen?
Two simple sollutions that might cause the problem.

Jeff_Birt
01-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Dude chill! I removed the obscenities from your two posts. This forum is rated PG and such language is NOT allowed. If you would bother to read your manual you would find the number to call CarveWright who does all the tech support. They are really nice people and can help get you going. I suspect a more positive attitude on your part would help a bunch.

Bane
01-25-2007, 09:30 PM
I might have experienced this problem myself. If the card is not properly seated in the memory card slot the display will not come up. My card doesn't want to go in very well. I hope that his will get better with use.

When the card is not seated, all I can get on the display is little squares when the contrast is turned up.

Does the software still read the card? If there is a problem with the memory card it might do the same thing. You should go to the file menu in CW and select Flash Manager. Is your file on the card?

menewfy
01-25-2007, 09:48 PM
i hope that he learns one important thing ( if he decides to take the time to even look at the posting to see if there are any responses) all these folks are kind enough to try and help hom with suggestions even though he came in with a whole pile of attitude. If you were interested in making this machine work you should have taken some time to read through this forum while waiting for the machine to arrive.

long story short the people on here help people out everyday and while I am no expert on this machine myself I know the more you read the more you will learn even from isssues that others are having.

and perhaps the next time you have an issue instead of writing a post as colorful as your last one maybe you will treat the folks here as they have treated you with just a little respect. It does go a long way.

and btw welcome to the forum

Tim

GIZMO1D1
01-25-2007, 10:09 PM
THANKS 4 THE KIND WORDS!

AND TIM ...THESE OR THIS...WAS NOT DIRECTED TO THE USERS HERE...
ITY WAS DIRECTED TO THE PEOPLE WHO TOOK MY MONEY..

HOW DOES ONE BUSINESS MAKE THESE THINGS THAT DONT WORK ...

FLASH CARD/ SOFTWARE/ POWER / POWER TRACE// FLUKE METER!!!!!...CONTRAST!.............LED..NOT COMMING ON...CLEANED//TRACED/ SENSORS/ R/G SWITCH/ CORD/...PHONE CALLS...............

menewfy
01-25-2007, 10:12 PM
i guess the lesson was not learned you know the one about respect.

quote",,, ARE YOU RETARDED?..."

grow up!

Digitalwoodshop
01-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Some things to check. Humor me and take a L@@K please.

Any chance the 115 VAC power outlet went dead from a overload. Breaker Tripped or fuse blown? Try a light or power tool in the outlet. Some outlets, half is switched from a wall switch, the other half is hot all the time.

Power Surge from the power company or a Big Air Compressor kicking in could have tripped the Carve unit's fuse. I don't know where the fuse is yet myself. Saw that in the manual, I will look in the morning.

Pull the card from the carve unit and shine a flashlight into the slot looking for bent pins. Lots of very thin pins to bend, and look at the end of the card, any damage to the card holes / plastic

THIS Contrast works opposit of a volume control, turning DOWN a volume control Counter Clock Wise turns UP the intensity of the Display so you can see it. You said you checked it, please check it again.

Just for $hitts and giggles press 1 then Enter 4 times. Anything happen? Displays do go bad....

Is the card inserted with the Carve Wright Logo UP? Is the correct end of the card in the Carve reader? Can it go in backwards or upside down? I don't know myself but will look in the morning.

To make my card easier to pull, I did what someone said, and put a piece of tape on it to aid in pulling it out. U shaped tape 12 inches long made a nice tape tail about 3 inches long past the end of the card.

Cycle the red on off switch, cycle the plastic lid open and closed. There are 2 lid switches, one on each side. Look at the switches and then on the plastic lid, any chance the piece of clear plastic that pushes the switch in has cracked? I worked at a Sony Plant in San Diego and Oops.... sometimes parts get dropped, like your lid might have been dropped in China. How do you say Oops' in Chinese? !#@*$)!$&

In my Navy days fixing Ships Radars and Computers, I saw a blown fuse confuse even the best Tech's. Look for the oblivious.

And last but not least.... The old Navy Saying..... "Go where Sailors have been." What were you doing from the time the unit last ran until you wanted to run it again. Cleaning with a vacuum? Blown Air at high pressure? Classic on a Navy Ship... "The Radar Tracked great until yesterday, when I realigned the power supplies" And you find a wire knocked off in a power supply. Oops'....

North Jersey or South Jersey? I am just over the boarder in PA at NY/NJ/PA I just have a interest in seeing what or why your unit does not work. I have only had my unit 2 days and only made one sign. Been Busy with other projects

CSI New Jersey.... CompuCarve Scene Investigator, New Jersey.

Good Luck,

AL

BenCraig
01-26-2007, 12:01 AM
Wow :shock:

Wood Butcher
01-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Every day I work on and around High Voltage (7200-4160-480) and big equipment that will kill you in a heart beat. I like the calming effects of working with wood and creating useful and decorative pieces. It works better than Valium.
Like the Boss said “What we got here, is failure to communicate.” “Some men you just can’t reach.”
Return the machine, get your money back and use it for counseling and medications.
With that attitude NOTHING will be accomplished and you will just alienate all of the people willing to help you.
:x :x :x

pkunk
01-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Every day I work on and around High Voltage (7200-4160-480) and big equipment that will kill you in a heart beat. I like the calming effects of working with wood and creating useful and decorative pieces. It works better than Valium.
Like the Boss said “What we got here, is failure to communicate.” “Some men you just can’t reach.”
Return the machine, get your money back and use it for counseling and medications.
With that attitude NOTHING will be accomplished and you will just alienate all of the people willing to help you.
:x :x :x
AMEN !

Jon Jantz
01-26-2007, 12:38 PM
I am in no way affiliated with Carvewright, Sears or anything else for that matter, so I'm allowed to say what I'm sure they would like to tell you:

DO CARVEWRIGHT, SEARS AND ALL OF US HERE A FAVOR, PUT IT BACK IN THE BOX, AND SEE HOW QUICK YOU CAN GET IT BACK TO WHERE-EVER YOU BOUGHT IT FROM.

<<Wow, that was direct.>>

GIZMO1D1
01-26-2007, 01:05 PM
i would like to take another shot at this..

im calm now and do apolagize to everyone for having such an attitude..

i was wrong to come off in this place of folks helping each other/ running my mouth and being so angry..

i felt like a little kid who couldnt have his toy.. and i deserve all the comments that everyone made/

i am truly sorry for being such a angry jerk.. 1st impressions are lasting and i hope i get the chance to correct my 1st.

sincerly
giz

Autodoc
01-26-2007, 01:45 PM
i would like to take another shot at this..

im calm now and do apolagize to everyone for having such an attitude..

i was wrong to come off in this place of folks helping each other/ running my mouth and being so angry..

i felt like a little kid who couldnt have his toy.. and i deserve all the comments that everyone made/

i am truly sorry for being such a angry jerk.. 1st impressions are lasting and i hope i get the chance to correct my 1st.

sincerly
giz

On behalf of myself and others who have read your rants - welcome back to the real world!
I am unable to assist you with your problems as I do not have my CW yet, but I am looking forward to the day when I can join in the fun. I understand going in that I may have issues, but after reading all of the posts in this forum (and others) I am confident that the people at CW (and here) will get me through any problems I amy encounter.

Remember that with the proper attitude everyone here is willing to help you -- with the wrong attitude you are on your own.

Happy Carving
Wayne

Bane
01-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Well now that the Hoopla is over what is you status?
Have you tried any of the suggestions?

I am hoping that one of us might have made a good guess.

I wish you luck.

newcarver
01-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Very Hostile.......2 weeks ago i would have agreed with you, but after i got mine and ran it all my anger at sears for not having any support(bad memory card) went away. As with all things we can't control, anger is not the answer. This forum has taught me ALOT. I check it every day for new info and ideas. Helpful...yes.