PDA

View Full Version : Tracing an image

Dale
05-02-2012, 11:05 AM
I am trying to import a simple line drawing into designer and then trace it. Is there a way to do this? I can import it but cannot figure out how to get to a point where I can trace it. The program wants to just turn it into a pattern.

fwharris
05-02-2012, 11:13 AM
I am trying to import a simple line drawing into designer and then trace it. Is there a way to do this? I can import it but cannot figure out how to get to a point where I can trace it. The program wants to just turn it into a pattern.

Dale,

This might best be done on another program like paint.net or any other editor. Or even try to lower the settings in the import box while bringing it into designer...

Digitalwoodshop
05-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Yes, turn it into a pattern and then make a 14 x 14 board in designer and make the pattern as big as you can. Then turn off Perspective or you will get parallax as you move the pattern to the left or right of center. Then using the line tools and curves trace the image. IF you want to end up doing a Cut Path around the final image you need to be sure to attach the last node in a circle of the pattern to the first node in the pattern. Make sure that each node glows red as you connect the next line.

Good Luck,

AL

Dale
05-02-2012, 12:14 PM
That worked, Thanks
Dale

AskBud
05-02-2012, 12:23 PM
I made a lesson in May of 2009 titled "Design a Stain Glass Project". I think it will give you a good perspective on the process.
This link will take you to my "Download" section which is in my signature section below.
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-askbud%20downloads.htm
AskBud

Dale
05-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Bud, Just watched your Design a Stain Glass Project video and that cleared up everything.
Thank you very much
Dale