Awesome article July 2012!!

Got mine in the mail today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bjbethke
05-02-2012, 12:30 AM

Come on Lynn - what's it saying; your just checking who is up this time of night. I still need to up date my old "A" machine, I do want to keep it as yours gods made it, but it does take time to do that. Is the up date still free? I haven't received mine yet.

mtylerfl
05-02-2012, 08:27 PM

Give us a hint for those of us who do not subscribe to that magazine...I went to their website...current issues says MAY 2012...no JULY yet

Old Salt
05-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Whose's on top of the list ?

Bigtyme
05-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Wood Magazine usually does a very thorough job in the reviews and tests...I look forward to their experts telling us what we already know :)

chief2007
05-02-2012, 08:49 PM
52895 This is for Lynn, lol, not finished yet.

lynnfrwd
05-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Sorry all. I put it out last night so I could bring it to work today, scan and post, but when I got ready to leave, it was gone. My husband had taken it with him to work to read. I guess it is his magazine. He said he would bring it home for me to take tomorrow.

lynnfrwd
05-02-2012, 09:12 PM
52895 This is for Lynn, lol, not finished yet.

Hahaha. Love it!!!!

lynnfrwd
05-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Whose's on top of the list ?

We actually are, but I'm not sure if it is alphabetical, by lowest price or best value!! Any of the three sounds right to me!! I do believe CW was named twice as much as any other manufacturer!

All good review, very pleased!!!!

lynnfrwd
05-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Come on Lynn - what's it saying; your just checking who is up this time of night. I still need to up date my old "A" machine, I do want to keep it as yours gods made it, but it does take time to do that. Is the up date still free? I haven't received mine yet.

Not sure what update?!? Don't think so though.

CNC Carver
05-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Inquiring minds still want to see!! Please post soon! :)

lynnfrwd
05-03-2012, 07:35 AM
I got it. Let me get to work and I will copy and post.

fspearman1
05-03-2012, 08:21 AM
The Wood magazine article was very informative.

I do not believe that they gave one machine the edge although as stated Carvewright was mentioned several times. The one thing that stuck out to me was the statement about having to pay for the warranty.

In the article there was mention of a wine box. There is also a little pic of it. If anyone is interested I have that issue of the magazine with the plan in it. PM with your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

Bigtyme
05-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Wood Magazine usually has a couple of different top ratings such as "Top Tool" and "Top Value". I always pay a lot of attention to what they have concerns over on a tool as they may not be my concerns and I then mentally adjust the scores.... They are good food for thought reviews....

rcdages
05-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Chief,

Really a good looking sign, looking forward to see it finished.

What is the size?

henry1
05-03-2012, 10:20 AM
The Wood magazine article was very informative.

I do not believe that they gave one machine the edge although as stated Carvewright was mentioned several times. The one thing that stuck out to me was the statement about having to pay for the warranty.

In the article there was mention of a wine box. There is also a little pic of it. If anyone is interested I have that issue of the magazine with the plan in it. PM with your e-mail and I'll send it to you.
You have a private message

lynnfrwd
05-03-2012, 10:37 AM

The one thing that stuck out to me was the statement about having to pay for the warranty.

That's not what they said or how they said it.

"Carvewright offers a la carte pricing on software and hardware upgrades, patterns, bits - even extended warranties beyond the included 30-day warranty."

I see the optional warranties as a BENEFIT to our customers. The alternative is to put a warranty back into the price and NOT give the customers a choice. This would of course result in raising the the price of the machine. Any seller that says "warranty or shipping included" means they raised the price already to cover the cost of it. I think there are several customers that will argue, they don't want to HAVE to pay for a warranty.

Here is the article. Sorry for the poor quality, but I think you can read it.

(Don't know why I can't get my images to display correctly...the pdf does open right, at least.)

LittleRedWoodshop
05-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Miss Connie and all of the folks at CarveWright,

First, thank you for a great product - it is the only reason that most of us have been able to join the CNC family and run with the big dogs (the big money dogs 5, 10, 20 grand or more). Please leave the pricing alone ... when I'm out at shows people have no issue with the the pricing the way it is. Some of these people have forgotten that some of us paid $2700 for these machines and we were happy to have them. The current pricing is $1199 and you can ad a one year warranty for $200 - that is a great deal.

If you have an questions about the pricing please feel free to give me a call and I'll explain it to you.

Jason Allen
Happy CarveWright Customer among other things ...