PDA

View Full Version : Screen Fatigue and Clutter.

Wood Butcher
01-25-2007, 06:31 PM
I don’t know about the rest of ya’ll but after a day of CAD, spreadsheets, word and programming the old eyes get pretty burned out.
The default board settings of Pine-Natural with grain I have found will disrupt my design process. Toggling to the solid brown background doesn’t help much.
What I did was based on one of Jeff Birt’s post. I created a few different solid color backgrounds and added them to the board selection menu under the Pine section.
The number 1 was added to the filename so the colors would be at the top of the list.
Download and save to the C:\ Program Files\CarveWright\Woods1 directory (folder)
Sorry, pre windows habit. Open designer, right click to board settings, select Stain/Finish
and bingo under pine you will find the options for your new solid background colors. All of the existing grain patterns will still be available for viewing after design.
Try them, I think you will agree less clutter and a calming color background will improve your creativity and be more relaxing.