PDA

View Full Version : New improved erwin products dust collector with removable extension

mcQ
04-27-2012, 08:56 PM
IN AN EFFORT TO TRULY HAVE THE BEST DUST COLLECTOR ACCESSORY AVAILABLE FOR THE CARVEWRIGHT MACHINES, I HAVE NOW ADDED AN REMOVABLE EXTENSION TO THE ERWIN PRODUCTS DUST HOOD. THIS NEW EXTENSION PLACES THE INTAKE VERY CLOSE TO THE CUTTER PROVIDING GREATLY IMPROVED PERFORMANCE WHEN USING SMALLER DUST COLLECTORS OR WHEN CUTTING DIFFICULT MATERIALS SUCH AS PVC SIGN BOARD AND IS EASILY REMOVED FOR BIT CHANGES, ALTHOUGH BITS CAN BE CHANGED WITHOUT REMOVAL. THIS EXTENSION IS INCLUDED WITH ALL NEW ORDERS AND HAS BEEN SENT FREE OF CHARGE TO EVERYONE WHO HAS PURCHASED A UNIT. ALSO, REQUIRES NO ADDITIONAL MODIFICATION TO THE MACHINE, THE UNIT MOUNTS TO THE EXISTING THREADED HOLES WITH TWO 4mm SCREWS INCLUDED.

http://www.erwinproducts.com

chief2007
04-29-2012, 04:24 PM
What is the lowest cfm that you can use with your dust collector?

mcQ
04-29-2012, 06:05 PM
What is the lowest cfm that you can use with your dust collector?

I use a 2 hp 1500 CFM Grizzly Dust collector 10' of 4" hose with a separator which will work even without the extension. I haven't tested smaller dust collectors but I can assure you the intake extension is as close to the cutter and Z axis truck as is safely practical and the opening at the intake is closed down to about 5/8" to acheve maximum air velocity. One important feature on the ERWIN PRODUCTS unit is that the intake is the full width of the machine so you don't have any dead areas at the outer extremes. For anyone purchasing a dust collector I would recomend at least a 1 1/2 hp unit with 4" hose regardless of what unit you use. None of dust collectors will work with a shop vac. The next time I run some parts I will attach a hose to another machine at the same time which will cut my vollume in half as a test.

chief2007
04-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the info will watch for the results.