PDA

View Full Version : Wine stoppers revisited

cestout
04-27-2012, 03:38 PM
If anyone remembers the wine stoppers I posted here some time back, I have discovered a better method for some of them - like the apple. Well I didn't actually post the apple because it isn't my pattern, but it is a natural for this. Anyway the method is pierced. That leaves less clean up and smoother transition from one side to the other. It won't work as well on the falter sided ones like the drops or the non oyster shell.
Clint

dcalvin4
06-06-2012, 06:59 PM
cestout
i have used your shell pattern to make w stoppers 22 so far as presants ,.. nice pattern thank you,,..so do you think the pierced method will work with the shell pattern? or is that shell pat considered the non oyster shell?
denny

cestout
06-07-2012, 06:49 PM
I have been too busy to experiment much lately, but here is what I discovered so far. With patterns like the oyster shell and the apple pierced works well - sloping sides. Flat sides like the other shell pattern in Basic patterns and the drops work better cut out. However, to add interest - and I think carve faster - place them additive in a carved region that is domed low at the ends and higher in the middle. That makes the top of the stopper thinner. Experiment and try things and report back what you discover.
Clint