PDA

View Full Version : Using CarveWright software on a Mac

dgarwood
04-25-2012, 04:46 PM
I have a MacBook Pro and am running the latest version of the Designer software. The software gives me fits by constantly zooming on the design I am working on. I also have to tell it where the license file is every time I start the application. Does anybody have experience with the software on a Mac and can provide some advice?

Dan Garwood

Dale
04-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Are you using a Magic Mouse by chance?. I was a having the same problem with my iMac. The design zooming every time I touched the mouse. My Magic Mouse died so I switched to a standard mouse and the zooming problem went away. Sorry I cannot help you with the license issue.
Dale

chief2007
04-26-2012, 05:03 AM
Read through this thread and see if it helps, it talks about a similar problem and a fix - Would also recommend calling the LHR techs - they will get it fixed for you.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?19592-Absolutely-Fed-Up!-Not-working-well-with-MAC-LION-OS-FIXED-in-V.-1.182&highlight=lion

gapdev
04-26-2012, 04:22 PM
You need to use the latest version of Designer to fix the problem of not saving your licenses and settings and recent files.

As for the Mouse zooming, it is truly the most irritating thing I have ever experienced with any software. I had to get out my old Mighty Mouse to use with Designer. The Scroll Wheel is less sensitive than the Magic Mouse. The Zooming still occurs occasionally but not so much that it makes me want to throw the mouse out the door.

I wish designer had a setting to either set the sensitivity of the Mouse Zoom or to turn it off all together. It's a nice feature, but doesn't work well with a Magic Mouse.

Kenny

t-townwilson
04-07-2014, 06:42 PM
I am having the same frustration of my design constantly zooming, and jumping all over the page! I am using Maverick on my mac, and I'm told Maverick and Designer don't play well together��. Since this thread is several years old, is there a fix now for this aggravation? I am gradually learning the the normal swipe on the magic mouse does not scroll like other mac programs, but zooms in and out. I'm a newbie, and would like to resolve this issue!

gapdev
04-07-2014, 06:55 PM
In Designer 2 it still zooms, but doesn't seem to be as bad and is actually tolerable.

Kenny

SteveNelson46
04-07-2014, 09:21 PM
I am having the same frustration of my design constantly zooming, and jumping all over the page! I am using Maverick on my mac, and I'm told Maverick and Designer don't play well together��. Since this thread is several years old, is there a fix now for this aggravation? I am gradually learning the the normal swipe on the magic mouse does not scroll like other mac programs, but zooms in and out. I'm a newbie, and would like to resolve this issue!

I'm using Windows but, I was having the same problem until I turned off all of the snap functions (Layout menu, Snap). Not saying this is your problem but, it might be worth a try.