PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take?

mister_zed
04-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Hello everybody!

How long does it take to register a machine to the new owner?
I bought a machine off Ebay and emailed the machine number to Carvewright. Emailed them last Friday. Got only confirmation email stating they will reply within 1 business day, that would mean today.

Last time I registered a machine, it was in Nov 2008 - back then it took me almost 30 days to get Carvewright to register the machine on my account. Has it become any better by now?

/ZJ

chief2007
04-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Usually they are very quick about it. Did you email a copy of the receipt from eBay as well? Providing proof of purchase helps to get it done faster. I do a follow up call as well.

ladjr
04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Hello everybody!

How long does it take to register a machine to the new owner?
I bought a machine off Ebay and emailed the machine number to Carvewright. Emailed them last Friday. Got only confirmation email stating they will reply within 1 business day, that would mean today.

Last time I registered a machine (it was in Nov 2008) then it took me almost 30 days to get Carvewright to register the machine on my account. Has it become any better by now?

/ZJ

They did it for me the same day. I called and they gave me a emil address to send the reciept and it was done. That day. Have you check the computer

Leo

mister_zed
04-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks, everybody!

I guess I'll have to make a call to the US after all... ;-)

And now a follow-up:

When I checked my licenses today I saw that I have 1 available Basic feature and 3 available Pattern Editor (probe). Does that mean that I am still entitled to install the Designer software on one more computer?

I won't ask about the probe, as I bought only one probe and have never had the time to play with it or even activate it.

fwharris
04-23-2012, 06:21 PM
With one machine you are able to license the software (basic designer and any add ons) to two computers. The probe itself can be used on any machine, you only need the software (pattern editor) license for what ever computer you are using.

mister_zed
04-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks for that information.

I was just wondering whether I could install the software on a tablet PC... :-)

chief2007
04-23-2012, 06:56 PM
For each machine you own, you can have designer on 2 computers

Pattern editor I believe is the same

fwharris
04-23-2012, 07:57 PM
I think (oops) for the pattern editor and any other software upgrades you might have to obtain a second license for more than two computers.