PDA

View Full Version : Black Bear Festival logo

myshop1044
04-19-2012, 07:18 AM
I finished a small logo for the festival this weekend. I'm going to show it to the lady who is charged
of the booths and may be spark some additional direcitional signs for them for next year.
I saw some great Patterns in the store that could be used as signs pointing the way to different
parts of the festival. You know you always have to plant the seed for future projects.
like Jason said at the last conference "learn to earn"
Perry B

chief2007
04-19-2012, 08:04 AM
I like your thinking, I attend a trade days each month and have been working on booth markers and/or directional signs with the vendor group to allow the customers to find what they are looking for easier.

Excellent work on the Black Bear

CNC Carver
04-19-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm sure your work will impress her. Nice work!

LittleRedWoodshop
04-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Awesome work Mr. Perry ... hope to see you st the conference again this year.

I have a collection in the pattern depot called "Sign Blanks with Arrows" 20 patterns in the set http://store.carvewright.com/pattern.php?showFull=6132

Or visit our page in the Pattern Depot and check out all of the sign ideas - there are lots of them - CLICK HERE (http://store.carvewright.com/pattern.php?vendor=Carved Sign Factory)

mathman
04-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Looks great! But I have a question about the word placements. What brought you to splitting 'Black' from the 'Bear'? I keep reading it as a "Bear Festival" put on by "Bayou Teche Black".

David

mtylerfl
04-19-2012, 02:12 PM
I finished a small logo for the festival this weekend. I'm going to show it to the lady who is charged
of the booths and may be spark some additional direcitional signs for them for next year.
I saw some great Patterns in the store that could be used as signs pointing the way to different
parts of the festival. You know you always have to plant the seed for future projects.
like Jason said at the last conference "learn to earn"
Perry B

Hi Perry,

Looks good, but I would hold off on showing it to your potential client...I agree that the wording needs to be re-arranged (don't split the words Black Bear). Also, the "biggie" is that the word festival is misspelled! :)

myshop1044
04-19-2012, 02:51 PM
You are oh so correct, my wife pointed out the "Black Bear" split and I have since redid the text to read Bayou Teche on top
then Black Bear Festival on the bottom, . I showed it to a group of 15 woodworkers at my club meeting
last night and the really admired the work and but no one seen" FESTAVAL".
Thanks again
You don't see the forest for the trees.
This is what happens when you try to rush a project.

Perry B

mtylerfl
04-19-2012, 03:48 PM
You are oh so correct, my wife pointed out the "Black Bear" split and I have since redid the text to read Bayou Teche on top
then Black Bear Festival on the bottom, . I showed it to a group of 15 woodworkers at my club meeting
last night and the really admired the work and but no one seen" FESTAVAL".
Thanks again
You don't see the forest for the trees.
This is what happens when you try to rush a project.

Perry B

Ha! Most of us have "been there, done that" for sure!!

Digitalwoodshop
04-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Missing the "I" in VacatIon.... The Customer even approved the artwork....

AL

TerryT
04-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Yep, we have ALL been there and done that! I hate when that happens.

Deolman
04-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Perhaps you should capitalize louisiana while re-doing it.

rcdages
04-20-2012, 07:38 AM
Penny,

Nice carve.

I do agree with our fellow forum members, on the placement of the wording and to capitalize Louisiana.