PDA

View Full Version : Just to say thanks "CW"

Bill
01-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Hello,

Just to say thanks to the team at CarveWrighT (Chris L, Chris M, Chris R and of corse cant forget Bard for the big boot :D .)
The machine is working well the service was just Excellent! I could not have asked for anything better. I have attached a few pics. of the lamp I have started I will post a pic. when the lamp is complete.

Thanks again CW.
Bill.

http://www.wrw1.com/la-2.jpg
http://www.wrw1.com/la-1.jpg

BobHill
01-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Very, very nice work. that lamp is going to be a beauty. Are you putting perhaps a nightlight in the base area where the holes would show it?

Bob

Bill
01-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Hello Bob,
Thanks for your comment,
The lamp will have a low wattage 3 way about 1/3 down from the top and a night light like a Christmas tree bulb 2/3 of the way down from the top.They look quite nice with the ( twisted & scroll) wrought iron when they are finished (It does take some time to complete)

I have not made up my mind if this one will be a hanging or a table lamp..

Bill

BobHill
01-25-2007, 12:28 PM
I'd say, for sure, you have a winner,Bill.

Bob

Bill
01-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Well not much done yet, but here is an update
what it will look like. Looks like it's sold and it will
become a hanging light.

http://www.wrw1.com/la-3.jpg

http://www.wrw1.com/la-4.jpg

IM2HAPPI
01-26-2007, 12:10 PM
That is lovely Bill

Autodoc
01-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Very Cool!!!! Keep up the great work.

pruitts
01-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Beautiful design!!!

Is it made from 1/2" Oak?

Did you use the CW machine to bevel the edges or was that done separately?

Thanks for sharing!

BobHill
01-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Bill,

I forgot to ask is you were lining the inside with a translucent material?

Bob

Bill
01-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Hello pruitts,

Beautiful design!!! Is it made from 1/2" Oak?
Did you use the CW machine to bevel the edges or was that done separately?
Thanks for sharing

That's correct it is 1/2" Oak, the bevel edges have been done on a table saw.

Hello Bob,

Bill,
I forgot to ask is you were lining the inside with a translucent material?

I had not thought about it Bob that may look nice! any suggestions?

BobHill
01-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Bill,

I'll bet a lighting house would have some translucent plastic somewhere in their warehouse that would work. Think of the covers for fluorescent lights.

Bob

rgant05
01-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Are you by any chance willing to post your design on the forum for your competitors to use? :D

Thats a fantastic job. Very impressive design work.

The Bard
01-26-2007, 07:35 PM
I doubt too many of ya'll are competitors. Mostly I see you selling to local customers. Those that do national shows and festivals seem to all be making different things anyway.

Now, when we have more than 2500 machines out there, THEN I can see the blades sharpen hehe.

Bill
01-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Hello rgant05,

Are you by any chance willing to post your design on the forum for your competitors to use?

Sure, I don't see why not. I think I seen a place to post designs I will post it there for you and others to use.

Bill.

rgant05
01-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks Bill, I appreciate it. That really is an nice assembly of designs.

Bard, I was kind of joking about being competitors because like you say we are all over the place and not likely to ever sell in the same circles. However, some people are "territorial" with their design ideas. Fortunately I haven't seen that here on the forum. I guess I might be in some areas of endeavor, but stuff like this I just like to share too much. I am hoping to come up with some stuff worthy of sharring, quite soon. I know with my genealogy research, I have benifited much more from others sharing than I will ever be able to return, but I still try. I made a CD, printed and bound a 40 page book and sent another publication to a lady that I had been talking with and didn't even charge her postage. Life is too short to make everything about money.... gotta make a living, but also gotta give back :)

I have a pretty good start on a library of various designs, idea and mainly training by examples and seeing how something was done, from this forum. Once I get my machine going I hope to put it to work for me. Maybe it will join ebay as a way to finance my house renovations (now going into the 10th or 12th year)

Matty
01-26-2007, 09:24 PM
That’s a fantastic design love it nice job

Matty

Lin
01-27-2007, 07:06 AM
Bill, Just to possibly give you an idea for using a lining of some sort. Rice paper should work...(I am a scrolling at heart and have seen several postings on other boards of folks that have used rice paper as a liner) I myself have made several luminaries and have used 1/8" transparent plexi in various colors...I have also used clear that I have sanded to give it a frosted look also. Here's a pic of a set of rose luminaries using two different colors of plexi. Pic shows the candles inside lit and unlit..found out its hard to get a pic of them lit up to show them off in the dark.
Lin

The Bard
01-27-2007, 09:22 AM
that's amazing.

Bill
01-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Hello Lin,
Your idea looks very nice and I think will work very well. I will look around and see what I can find but most likely will have to try it out on the next one as this one is sold......
(unless I can talk them into giving it a try)

Thanks for your input if they go for the idea I will post a pic. of it...Thanks again.
Bill.

pruitts
02-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Bill - I was trying to find your post in the gallery for your design. I wasn't sure if you posted it or not.

I was trying to create a design similar to yours just to practice with the software. I am confused on how you were able to place the rosettes in the recessed area without it wanting to carve out around the edges of the rosette. I have attached an example to show you what I mean. Notice how the edges of the board around the rosette is effected.

Likewise, I was interested in how you setup the design to cut out around the rosette patterns?

I would appreciate any help you can provide or a link to the pattern if you have one.

Thanks!

Bill
02-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Hello pruitts,
That is the feathering around the rosette. After you put the rosette in place go to the top and where you see the feather click on the black arrow next to the feather and select none this will remove the (feathering) or (border) around the rosette.

You can find my post and the link to the pattern at the url below about 3/4 the way down the page.
Bill.
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1249&start=0

pruitts
02-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Such a simple fix... Thanks for the insight! Much appreciated!