PDA

View Full Version : New Owner. Got mine from Capt Bruce at Atlanta Woodshow

WoodenWizard
04-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Hi my Name is Dave Mack. I have been looking at the Carvewright for several years. This year I pulled the trigger. I have a woodworking shop and do stuff as a hobby, although I do make custom pens on my lathe and do sell a few of these. I am slowly building up my tool inventory for when I retire (Just under 4yrs I hope). When I say slowly I don't think the wife and I use the same timelines..haha Anyway I like the machine and I am going to try to post my first projects. Be kind as I am still playing. Thanks so much.

http://www.woodenwizard.com

AskBud
04-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Very nice! Welcome to the forum, and enjoy working with the CW.
AskBud

fwharris
04-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Dave,

Welcome to the CW forum! Great job on your first projects! Looks like you have got the designing part down very well, nice layout and designs.

katec911
04-14-2012, 06:42 PM
very nice... I am relatively new also. Wait till you try a lithophane! I am now hooked on that!!! This forum is great .. I have learned alot! good luck and have fun!

Smoken D
04-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Welcome to the forum and a GREAT JOB on those projects!

mtylerfl
04-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi my Name is Dave Mack. I have been looking at the Carvewright for several years. This year I pulled the trigger. I have a woodworking shop and do stuff as a hobby, although I do make custom pens on my lathe and do sell a few of these. I am slowly building up my tool inventory for when I retire (Just under 4yrs I hope). When I say slowly I don't think the wife and I use the same timelines..haha Anyway I like the machine and I am going to try to post my first projects. Be kind as I am still playing. Thanks so much.

http://www.woodenwizard.com

Hi Dave,

Thank you for sharing the photos of your work...excellent! I visited your website, too. The pens you make are outstanding. I took an especially immediate liking to the Green Circuit Board Pens - I've never seen those before. Keep up the great work on all!

tierman
04-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Dave, You have a terrific start! Very nice work, including your website.
Welcome to the family. Rog

TerryT
04-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Very impressive Dave. For first projects those turned out better than most of my first ones. LOL

CNC Carver
04-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Very nice work and welcome to the forum. Glad you found us.

ktjwilliams
04-15-2012, 05:01 AM
Welcome aboard !!! No pun !!! Hehehehehehehehe

chief2007
04-15-2012, 06:34 AM
Very Nice Carvings - Love the tag line on your website too,

When my wife looks at me funny when I come in from my wood shop I just tell her "That's not saw dust, That's Angel's Dust".

Welcome to the forum and becoming a Carvewright owner

happy
04-15-2012, 07:21 AM
very nice work some of my first projects went into the fire pit

Capt Bruce
04-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Very Nicely Done on your first couple projects Dave. As noted above a hearty welcome to the Forum and we look forward to seeing your future project postings. Any questions give us a call or post here and you'll receive immediate assistance as this is a great community. It was a pleasure meeting you at the Atlanta Woodworking Show.
Enjoy the sawdust!

lawrence
04-15-2012, 12:13 PM
I'd like to add my welcome and +1 that your first projects are awesome! (The hummingbird pattern is one of my favorites... I've used it several times)

Lawrence