PDA

View Full Version : 90 Degree V Bit

ONLY WINGE
04-09-2012, 03:41 PM
I have tried to get my 90 Degree V bit to carve sence day one. I have tried it with the plastic coller along with the collet, I have tried it without the plastic coller it does not matter. I get a "Bit Depth Does not Match" no matter what I try. I have made sure everything is clean ,I have made sure it touches the bit sencer twice and all seems ok. then says again the same message. I can not find anything in Q & A or the trouble shooting unless I am missing it. Please Help

AskBud
04-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I have tried to get my 90 Degree V bit to carve sence day one. I have tried it with the plastic coller along with the collet, I have tried it without the plastic coller it does not matter. I get a "Bit Depth Does not Match" no matter what I try. I have made sure everything is clean ,I have made sure it touches the bit sencer twice and all seems ok. then says again the same message. I can not find anything in Q & A or the trouble shooting unless I am missing it. Please HelpIt might be a good idea to attach your MPC. Perhaps we can see something that affects your project.

In the meantime, design a small test MPC with just a vector line using the 90 degree bit (nothing else). let's see what you get there.
AskBud

ONLY WINGE
04-09-2012, 04:04 PM
I am not sure how to attach a photo to the thread?

AskBud
04-09-2012, 04:09 PM
I am not sure how to attach a photo to the thread?I'm looking for the MPC, not a photo!
The attachment process is the same for both. This link give you the instructions.
AskBud
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-Attachments-Revised%207-9-2010.zip

cnsranch
04-09-2012, 04:10 PM
I had that message Saturday for the first time - was carving a rectangular vector .05" deep with the 60 v bit. Got the message, hit "continue anyway" and off it went without a hitch.

Working on a large project with several pieces, and many rectangular vectors at that depth. That's the only time I got the message......

TerryT
04-09-2012, 04:40 PM
If you get the "bit length doesn't match" error fairly regularly you need to check the Z roller bearings and rails. Check the bearings to see is they are sticky or seized. Lube the rails. If the bearings are sticking clean with WD-40, hit it with compressed air to blow the wd40 back out then add some other lube to them. I had the same problem and it went away and (so far) has stayed away.

Digitalwoodshop
04-09-2012, 07:34 PM
What the machine is telling you when you get the message for the SECOND time you load the V90 this tells you the touch of the Bit Plate got a different number... Where does that number come from.... Not the .mpc but the back of the Z Encoder....

It could be a dusty Encoder... Yes the Encoders collect dust.... see my encoder....

It could be the Clear Encoder Wheel is cracked or spins on the shaft... And since the V90 is shorter it could be actually hitting that wood chip before the Bit Plate... Having you post that you saw the V90 actually TOUCH the Bit Plate would have half split this list... And I continue to recommend that everyone watch the bit change dance to see the bit touch the bit plate....

Could be a bad FSC Cable too.... Or a bad Encoder on the back of the Z... OR it could be loose Screws on the Z Motor...

Let us Know....

AL

The picture with the sun shining through the disk shows the markes that make the pulses.

It could be a dirty chunk of wood in the Z Cog Belt