PDA

View Full Version : Large project question.

ntdiver
04-09-2012, 03:11 PM
To this point in my CW career I have been able to find answers to all of my questions with a search of the forum - THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO KINDLY SHARES THEIR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE.

I am trying to design a room divider that will comprise four 15" panels. I want to carve a mountain scene that extends from end to end. I have downloaded a couple of trial versions of mountains from the Pattern Depot. The part I am wondering about is carving part of the pattern on one panel and then continuing the pattern on the next panel and then on to the next one..... I read in the "My Big Sign..." tip sheet by Michael Tyler that anything that overhangs the layout board is ignored by the software when the project is actually run. Does this mean that if my layout board size 13" but my actual board is 14" wide I will end up with a 1/2" uncarved edge on the sides of the project?

Thanks - Doug

chief2007
04-10-2012, 07:51 AM
No - It will run edge to edge with the exception of the outer edges of the outer 2 pieces, unless you design it to fit in your 13 inch layout - if the project was uploaded it would be easier to explain or let some of the experts tell you how to achieve what you are striving to design.