PDA

View Full Version : So I replaced the flex shaft...

Geophyrd
04-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Along the way, the core fell out on the floor, I replaced inside the long spring and I think I did it right. Ran x y z and cutting head tests. These were my readouts

X. A 136.44. M 256
Y. A 93.56 M. 256
Z. 40.16 M 89.38

The cutting motor test said it was running.

I can't find anything to say if the diagnostics are in normal parameters or not. Any help?

Digitalwoodshop
04-08-2012, 08:26 PM
I have Trampled on 2 Springs in my years.... The first thing I do if I remove the Flex from the Truck for any length of time... I wrap the end in ... wait for it..... "Masking Tape".... Saved me a few springs..... and since you can't just buy the spring normally, it a $75.00 Trample...

I have not loaded the new designer... I am still on a old version and don't know how to interpret your data either....

Good Luck,

AL

Geophyrd
04-08-2012, 09:41 PM
It wasn't in designer, it was the user tests for x, y and z

I have Trampled on 2 Springs in my years.... The first thing I do if I remove the Flex from the Truck for any length of time... I wrap the end in ... wait for it..... "Masking Tape".... Saved me a few springs..... and since you can't just buy the spring normally, it a $75.00 Trample...

I have not loaded the new designer... I am still on a old version and don't know how to interpret your data either....

Good Luck,

AL

jiml
04-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Al,
Does LHR not sell just the spring anymore? I've bought them before but it's been a year or more ago.

bergerud
04-08-2012, 10:22 PM
It wasn't in designer, it was the user tests for x, y and z

I believe those numbers have or will have a statistical meaning only to LHR engineers. The numbers are meant to help the engineers remotely trouble shoot. We users do not know yet what the numbers mean.

Geophyrd
04-09-2012, 05:22 AM
I guess I'll try a carve tonight and see how it does

Digitalwoodshop
04-09-2012, 11:47 AM
If you never load the latest Designer that does contain the new maintenance test procedures then it will not be in the machine operating system. Loading the latest or when introduced, new Designer adds this keyboard feature. So it is in Designer... The Operating System.

I was aware of that.

Thanks,

AL