PDA

View Full Version : Is this enough edge to stay under the rollers?

rgant05
01-25-2007, 05:11 AM
Is this design suitable for carving without running into roller issues? During my very short experience with my new machine, the way I had it designed it was wanting to use autojig etc so I modified the size of the interior of the sign and left a 1/4" surround top and bottom to stay underneith the rollers at all times. Question is: Is 1/4" enough or does it want more?

BobHill
01-25-2007, 10:25 AM
The width (your top and bottom in Designer) would be fine, but you still need the wood to be longer, as you'll be cutting almost to the end of your 16" length and remember the rollers need 3½" on each end ... or when asked if you wish the piece to be under the rollers, say NO. That should work.

Bob

rgant05
01-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Yes, I have my wood actually 3 1/2 inches longer on each side than what is shown in designer. I think it always expects that extra 7 inches doesn't it?

Aaron B
01-25-2007, 01:01 PM
I think it always expects that extra 7 inches doesn't it?

Only if you sayt "yes" to stay under rollers, if you say no it will want a board that is the length you put in designer. If you put in a longer board and say no to stay under roller you can "center on length", or "place on end"