PDA

View Full Version : Pattern sharing depot

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

PCW
12-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Ray,

Glad to see you and thanks for the comment. I haven't hear the news today about the hikers on Mt. Hood but I hope they are OK. Thanks for sharing.

PCW
12-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Mary & Child Pattern (http://www.mediafire.com/?knm5t3jkoqv)

Kenm810
12-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Another Really Nice pattern Dan,
Thanks again for Sharing. http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Chief
12-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Dan,

Simply beautiful.

Chief

temler
12-15-2009, 07:59 PM
HI all
I finally got to use my machine and have a couple problems and questions.
On this pattern I wanted to cut the board in the middle and 3.5 in from both ends and do this at the end of the craving but when uploading to the card gave me a bunch of "you can't do that" warnings. your cutting too close to the edge, maybe i did this wrong I put it on a board 7" longer than the project and told it not to keep it under rollers, which is the way i was told to do it, so how do i make it cut the three cuts, I am going to do the edge routing on the sharper to save time.
Now comes the question on time it was almost 6 hours for best and 11.5 hours on optimum is it that much better, is it worth all that time.

Is there a different way to do this carving and save time a look good, there has to be more than one one to skin this cat, any options would work for me, i not sure but if i invert it looks real rough around the welder.

Other problem is that all the letter are chipping, how do i make them wider and will that do it. Not good I wasted 5 hours of my machine for something i can't use, i am carving in oak. If the welder would look shape carved into the wood instead of standing out of the wood I know that center line text would look great.
Last question what is the best font to use with center line text.

Thanks for the help ahead of time.
Now let see if i can get this attached.
too big so now i have to figure out how to make it smaller. I will get it posted soon but i have to close this so look below in a few minutes or hours depending on weather i can figure this out.

Tim

temler
12-15-2009, 08:31 PM
ok now i got it to work, everything i took off the pattern it didn't make the file smaller so i started over and only made one half of the project and it made the file smaller. Just deleting it off the the piece did not make the file smaller because it must keep all the deletion in memory some how, so i don't know how to send the whole project the only difference is that there was to signs side by side, can use please look at the question in the post above, please forgive me a very bad pain night with my RSD so i make a lot of mistake in spelling because of all the pain killers i am on. Sorry but any help would be appreciated,
Thanks
Tim

I just can't belive after this long i got the file to upload, but this is all a learning lesson for me, i will get better.

Shacky
12-15-2009, 08:36 PM
I took the frame Dan posted a few days ago (Thanks Dan, it's really nice) and resized it to have a 5 by 7 opening. This allows either a 5 x7 photo or a mat for a 4 x6 photo.

My local Ace Hardware cut me a piece of glass for a buck and Walmart has mats for $2. Might make a few for Christmas gifts.

PCW
12-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Shacky,

Great!! Please post some picture when you get one finished. Winter kind of slows me down somewhat as far as carving. I did bring one machine in the house and have it setup in the basement but have to carve when the timing is right (home alone).

Thanks all for the nice comments.

Shacky
12-16-2009, 06:50 AM
I'm heading out this morning to sand and get the first coat of varnish on.

Rodeo1
12-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Hi Temler,

Glad you're getting to use your machine! There definitely is some learning curve so be patient and persistent - you will be happy in the end!

I'm not at home, so I can't open your project file. I can offer a couple pointers to you though:

ALWAYS STAY UNDER ROLLERS! I can't emphasize this one enough! Always add 7 inches like you did, but you always want to select Yes when asked by the CW to Stay Under Rollers.

In most carvings I find the difference between Best and Optimal is not worth the extra time on my machine. Therefore I carve in Best most of the time. Notice that I said MOST; there are some carvings where Optimal can make a world of difference.

There are occasions where the software will produce warnings during upload that can be safely ignored. For instance many times when you have set the board settings to the project size, but loaded a board with the extra seven inches added the software will complain. Through reading, patience, and learning, and the wonderful people on this forum, you'll know what errors you can ignore and what errors should stop you in your tracks soon enough.

Hopefully these tips help, I know I sure benefited from everybody's guidance on this forum when I first got my CW. Maybe someone that can open the project file will be able to answer your other questions and offer other tips to make your carving experience more enjoyable!

Take care, God bless, and Merry Christmas!

John Sr.

PCW
12-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Dan,

You are a better visualizer than I could ever hope to be. I would appreciate if you could dry the scene a bit.

Thanks,

Chief

Chief,

Here is the dry version. I made this version in two parts this way you have the option to remove the center grape and use the center grape in another project.

Vineyard Sign Ver2 (http://www.mediafire.com/?czgzm5mjyfz)

picas
12-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Hi

I'm a new owner of a CW and i love-it. I'm actually try to view all of possibility of it. I'm making a test with clay and scan-it. You can see the result here. I'm trying to carve-it this weekend. If the result's good, i send to you all the .ptn file...;)

Regards
Picas

dbfletcher
12-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi

I'm a new owner of a CW and i love-it. I'm actually try to view all of possibility of it. I'm making a test with clay and scan-it. You can see the result here. I'm trying to carve-it this weekend. If the result's good, i send to you all the .ptn file...;)

Regards
Picas

Thats really cool. I'll be looking forward to see more of your creative work.

Doug Fletcher

Kenm810
12-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Picas,

Really Great looking Project, it looks like a good process to
have some fun with your Scanner and Craver. :smile:

Chief
12-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Dan,

Looks real good. Thank you.

Chief

RayTrek
12-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Hello

I am still working on Ornaments as well as other projects and thought maby some of you may like this one.
Cheers ~ Ray

PCW
12-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Jesus On Cross

temler
12-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi all

I don't know why one side looks different than the other, i have all the same setting i think but the right looks not as defined as the left any ideas as to why that is, does someone out there see where i made different setting on one side than the other mainly the lettering. I just can't find a difference and i don't want to carve with out them all looking the same, and ideas.

Thanks
Tim

TIMCOSBY
12-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi

Regards
Picas

you made a clay model. did you back it to harden it before scanning? welcome aboard.

robbrigg2
12-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Hi all

I don't know why one side looks different than the other, i have all the same setting i think but the right looks not as defined as the left any ideas as to why that is, does someone out there see where i made different setting on one side than the other mainly the lettering. I just can't find a difference and i don't want to carve with out them all looking the same, and ideas.

Thanks
Tim

The left is a line art drawing it looks like.. in other words just lines while the other is a clip art image that had colors.. color = different depths...

temler
12-17-2009, 06:30 PM
thanks Robert

I was pretty sure that the two drawings were different types but when i look at the pattern on my computer the writing on the right look shorter or more pale or just something different with the wording on the right than the left, crisper on the left more dull or something on the right. or is it all in my computer screen or do you see a difference in the text.
Thanks
Tim

robbrigg2
12-17-2009, 06:45 PM
thanks Robert

I was pretty sure that the two drawings were different types but when i look at the pattern on my computer the writing on the right look shorter or more pale or just something different with the wording on the right than the left, crisper on the left more dull or something on the right. or is it all in my computer screen or do you see a difference in the text.
Thanks
Tim

I think it's just the direction of the lighting... try changing it in your preferences and see if that makes a difference.

PCW
12-17-2009, 07:23 PM
thanks Robert

Thanks
Tim

Highlight the car and adjust the height down to around 100 or so and I would drop the Painter down to 100 as well. The Painter as is may chip out when carved.

Ike
12-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Jesus On Cross

I wish I saw this sooner for my latest sign! Thank you for the pattern Dan! Do you have it with just the cross? I tried to extract just the pattern and there was a dot next to the outside and being your pattern I couldn't remove it in the pattern editor.

Ike

Rodeo1
12-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi All,

I'm back seeking guidance! I am trying to make some decorative moulding that will be used around some built in shelves. Therefore not only will there be vertical, horizontal, and corner sections, but also "T" sections (where a vertical moulding meets a horizontal moulding in the middle, not on an end).

I've purchased the Neoclassic Leaf Moulding from the Pattern Store, but I need to eliminate the scalloped edge in areas of horizontal sections where vertical sections will interface. Any guidance on how I can do this? I've tried to create a rectangle to "cover" the section I need "removed" and then did a carve region, but that didn't totally get rid of the scalloped edge and create the flat section I need.

Of course I would normally edit the pattern to do this, but being a purchased pattern that is obviously not an option.

As always the forum's help is greatly appreciated!

John Sr.
Using Designer 1.153 w/ Pattern Editor and Centerline Text

PCW
12-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Ike,

You should be able to extract the pattern out of the project by going to tools/extract pattern. I use mpc because the forum size limits on ptn file is not large enough. So I have to upload the pattern in a mpc format or use a mediafire.

If you have a problem PM me and I will post it on Mediafire.

Ike
12-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Ike,

You should be able to extract the pattern out of the project by going to tools/extract pattern. I use mpc because the forum size limits on ptn file is not large enough. So I have to upload the pattern in a mpc format or use a mediafire.

If you have a problem PM me and I will post it on Mediafire.
Dan, I did extract just the Jesus cross and when I upload it on a board there is a small dot on the outside of the pattern. Even if you turn off all feathering the dot remains. so if I was to carve it it will have a dot on the upper left side and I am unable to remove it in the pattern editor since it is your pattern!

Thank you I still have it with the dish!

Ike

PCW
12-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Ike,

I didn't notice that and thanks for pointing that out. I fixed it and uploaded it at the link below. I will edit the mpc as well.

Jesus On Cross Dot Removed (http://www.mediafire.com/?nwmmiy3mzyz)

Edit: For best results put the bit optimization to best.

temler
12-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Highlight the car and adjust the height down to around 100 or so and I would drop the Painter down to 100 as well. The Painter as is may chip out when carved.

Thank all of you, here is the final mpc and ready to head to carving.
Be honest and let me know what all of you think of this. What would you do different if it was yours? Thank for all the help, things are starting sink in the more i do the more it sinks in.

Thanks
Tim

PCW
12-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Thank all of you, here is the final mpc and ready to head to carving.
Be honest and let me know what all of you think of this. What would you do different if it was yours? Thank for all the help, things are starting sink in the more i do the more it sinks in.

Thanks
Tim

Tim,

If you zoom in and rotate the board you can see how narrow the lines are. If left like this it will chip out when carved. I just hate to see you have a problem.

temler
12-17-2009, 09:57 PM
hi Dan

Is there anything i can do to keep it from chipping? If i lower it more would that help?

Thanks for your help and i am using Oak so that make things worse.
Thanks
Tim

Old Salt
12-17-2009, 10:11 PM
you can highlite the pattern and add draft to it . This will add a wider base to the lines.

PCW
12-17-2009, 10:14 PM
hi Dan

Is there anything i can do to keep it from chipping? If i lower it more would that help?

Thanks for your help and i am using Oak so that make things worse.
Thanks
Tim

Tim

I dropped the patterns down to a height of 200 from 999 and added some draft (carving/draft). Lower the text height on the painters sign from 999 to 400.

Tims Signs (http://www.mediafire.com/?nmqz2mwzft2)

Ike
12-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Ike,

I didn't notice that and thanks for pointing that out. I fixed it and uploaded it at the link below. I will edit the mpc as well.

Jesus On Cross Dot Removed (http://www.mediafire.com/?nwmmiy3mzyz)

Edit: For best results put the bit optimization to best.

No thank you Dan! Like I said i wish I had it for my last sign!

Ike

temler
12-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Thanks Guys that is perfect, it is on the machine now.
I don't know what i would do with out all your help.
Thanks
Tim

RayTrek
12-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Hello,
Here is some more fun to share; well it is fun for me.
Ray.
The pattern was to large- I put it on a MPC file you can copy and paste onto your project.

RayTrek
12-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Hello,
Another for you in the holiday spirit.
Ray

Rodeo1
12-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Well I'm still not having any luck with my moulding problem. Anyone out there have any help to offer?

Thanks!

Old Salt
12-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Rode
If you can find out who made the pattern for you them may help you with the edit like you say they are the only one that can.

AskBud
12-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi All,

I'm back seeking guidance! I am trying to make some decorative moulding that will be used around some built in shelves. Therefore not only will there be vertical, horizontal, and corner sections, but also "T" sections (where a vertical moulding meets a horizontal moulding in the middle, not on an end).

I've purchased the Neoclassic Leaf Moulding from the Pattern Store, but I need to eliminate the scalloped edge in areas of horizontal sections where vertical sections will interface. Any guidance on how I can do this? I've tried to create a rectangle to "cover" the section I need "removed" and then did a carve region, but that didn't totally get rid of the scalloped edge and create the flat section I need.

Of course I would normally edit the pattern to do this, but being a purchased pattern that is obviously not an option.

As always the forum's help is greatly appreciated!

John Sr.
Using Designer 1.153 w/ Pattern Editor and Centerline Text
John,
Not sure if this helps.
The large figure is a purchased pattern, and I jut placed a cut-out where I wished.
AskBud

luckettg
12-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Tim
I dropped the patterns down to a height of 200 from 999 and added some draft (carving/draft). Lower the text height on the painters sign from 999 to 400.
Tims Signs (http://www.mediafire.com/?nmqz2mwzft2)

I am just a bit lost here. What or how did you add draft and how were the lines thickened in order to reduce the chip out problems?
Thanks,
Greg Luckett

PCW
12-20-2009, 08:02 AM
I am just a bit lost here. What or how did you add draft and how were the lines thickened in order to reduce the chip out problems?
Thanks,
Greg Luckett

Greg,

Draft is the best tool in Designer for reducing chip out on text or patterns.
Highlight the pattern and go to the top menu carve tab/go down to draft you have four choices from none to large. Also can be done by right clicking on the pattern.

Height and depth is controlled by setting in the attached picture.

Hope this help.

Kenm810
12-20-2009, 08:24 AM
Greg,

Here's and old post showing Draft being used on text and Graphics.
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=65674&postcount=3

RayTrek
12-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Another for you. I like this one, less is better sometimes
Enjoy ~ Ray

PCW
12-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Eagle on a Slab Pattern

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo54/pcwholesale/Carvewright/Sign%20Pictures/Eagle-1.jpg

RayTrek
12-21-2009, 08:43 AM
Good day to all,

Here is one some of you may be able to use, My thoughts are to make a pedestal for it hmm maybe Dan's slab will work.
The Mpc is a two side carve
Have fun ~ Ray

mtylerfl
12-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Eagle on a Slab Pattern

Beautiful job, Dan!

Spanglerg@hotmail.com
12-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Good Stuff Dan! Thanks For Sharing Your Gift!!:)

PCW
12-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Owl Pattern (http://www.mediafire.com/?2zwzzzel1dz) 4.17 MB

jpaluck
12-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Dan very nice looking patterns, what software are you using? They are coming out very nice

MichaelDVehrs
12-22-2009, 09:40 PM
I have made several sport logo clocks and can design what you are looking for.

RayTrek
12-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Bear; Trying to give it that hand carved look.

Dan, your designs and sharing are outstanding.

Have a great day ~ Ray

PCW
12-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Bear; Trying to give it that hand carved look.
Have a great day ~ Ray

Nice bear Ray and thanks to you and all for the nice comments.

Dan very nice looking patterns, what software are you using? They are coming out very nice

John,

My son has a non current version of ArtCam that I have been toying with along with Rhino/ZBrush/Photoshop/Pattern Editor software. As you know it's all in manipulating the software and there is just too much to learn however I'm enjoying it.

Maybe one day there will be a one click 2D to 3D conversion or at least a single program that would do the process from start to finish.:mrgreen:

PCW
12-23-2009, 08:57 PM
There was a similar pattern posted here at one time. I removed the arm that was extended for a different look.

Model Pattern (http://www.mediafire.com/?mdmwbmjd432)

RayTrek
12-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Cheers!
The last of the Christmas patterns this year I hope some of them were worthy.
Ray

WRW
12-24-2009, 09:36 AM
I would like thank all on this forum that have shared their patterns and help so freely over the year.
No matter how you celebrate this time of year I wish you all a happy and healthy season and new year.

Happy Holidays All!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skyhawk
12-24-2009, 11:02 AM
First, I want to say thanks to everyone who has posted on this forum...the information found here is fantastic!

Here's an MPC of a game that my Father-In-Law found and I recreated in Designer...The original board was 24" round, so I split it in half and added barrel hinges which will make it much easier to store...for the full board simply carve this twice.

Also requires 6 sets of 4 colored marbles sized at 7/8" and two decks of cards.

I'll post instructions in a separate post!

Skyhawk
12-24-2009, 11:04 AM
I zipped these to fit into the maximum sizes allowed...

PCW
12-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Merry Christmas
Mary & Child Ver 2 (http://www.mediafire.com/?dj05yiubyjt)

Chief
12-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Dan,

I think you outdid yourself.

Chief

jpaluck
12-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Nice bear Ray and thanks to you and all for the nice comments.

John,

My son has a non current version of ArtCam that I have been toying with along with Rhino/ZBrush/Photoshop/Pattern Editor software. As you know it's all in manipulating the software and there is just too much to learn however I'm enjoying it.

Maybe one day there will be a one click 2D to 3D conversion or at least a single program that would do the process from start to finish.:mrgreen:

looking good Dan

ajk
12-25-2009, 01:21 PM
rjbearns

there is the mule pattern that you need hope you can use

merry christmas

liquidguitars
12-25-2009, 03:18 PM
A simple cross I made up for a gift, carves good.

LG

skeeterman
12-25-2009, 04:22 PM
nice mule ptn can use it in a upcoming project, thanks

TIMCOSBY
12-25-2009, 06:37 PM
A simple cross I made up for a gift, carves good.

LG

to upgrade to a newer version of the software. im on 1.153 and when i go to upgrade it says im current? you get an advance copy?

PCW
12-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Angel Pattern

PCW
12-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Ditto. I'm using 1.153 also.
Is the file an STL or do you have a newer "test" version of designer?
AskBud

Same here will not open.

PCW
12-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Jumping Fish Pattern (http://www.mediafire.com/?mykozummizz)

will george
12-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the jumping fish pattern..

My nephew is a fishing NUT and sure he will enjoy..

will george
12-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Thank you for the game mpc and instructions.

For some reason I am not into games but I am SURE my son will love it. I have some left-over cherry that will just fit the game board.

bjbethke
12-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Jumping Fish Pattern (http://www.mediafire.com/?mykozummizz)

I have a Question about your PTN. Are you over driving your image?, I see a lot of loss in the PTN quality as posted. When I download it looks washed out. If I redo and change the size I can get back details. And I need to make it a deep carve to make it to look right. And make carvings 5 inches or less.

I just broke down and purchased “Z Brush” all I can get is great globes of purple???

PCW
12-26-2009, 09:25 PM
I have a Question about your PTN. Are you over driving your image?, I see a lot of loss in the PTN quality as posted. When I download it looks washed out. If I redo and change the size I can get back details. And I need to make it a deep carve to make it to look right. And make carvings 5 inches or less.

I just broke down and purchased “Z Brush” all I can get is great globes of purple???

Hi BJ,

Yes I do make the patterns lager than they need to be but I figure it's better to go down than up.

ZBrush is a hard program for me to learn because it is not like any other program that I have ever used.

If you can convert a STL file to a obj then open it up in ZBrush at the first default screen you are in the door.

If you haven't visited John's site http://www.carvemore.com/Tutorials.html I would recommend that you do so. He has a couple of quick tutorials that touch on the basics that apply to the CW.

PCW
12-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Bear Mountain Scene Pattern (http://www.mediafire.com/?1xtmz41tynj) 5.3mb

luckettg
12-27-2009, 04:21 PM
I think I am about to give up on creating any decent patterns. Mine always have a bunch of jagged peaks which I cannot seem to get smoothed out without loosing details, or not having nice smooth rounded shapes, such as in the Bear Mountain one just posted. I have been playing with this picture of my granddaughter on their recently deceased horse but it is coming out just like my other crummy efforts. Sigh.:(
Greg Luckett
Michigan

luckettg
12-27-2009, 04:26 PM
I think I am about to give up on creating any decent patterns. Mine always have a bunch of jagged peaks which I cannot seem to get smoothed out without loosing details, or not having nice smooth rounded shapes, such as in the Bear Mountain one just posted. I have been playing with this picture of my granddaughter on their recently deceased horse but it is coming out just like my other crummy efforts. Sigh.:(
Greg Luckett
Michigan

Here is an unedited ptn file made from this color version of the raster pic.

jhatcher
12-27-2009, 04:28 PM
If there is a way to e-mail me that picture at full size,
I might be able to help you. jhatcher@tinglersmill.com

Jeremy

robbrigg2
12-28-2009, 12:36 AM
Greg Luckett
Michigan

You need to use GAUSSIAN BLUR it does exactly what you need

James RS
12-28-2009, 02:31 AM
Bear Mountain Scene Pattern (http://www.mediafire.com/?1xtmz41tynj) 5.3mb

nice job PCW, what did you use to create this pattern?

luckettg
12-28-2009, 09:10 AM
You need to use GAUSSIAN BLUR it does exactly what you need
I have played with that but really do not see any improvement except everything is blurrier....using Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0. How does Gaussian blur help with a carving pattern?
Thanks,
Greg.

PCW
12-28-2009, 09:36 AM
nice job PCW, what did you use to create this pattern?

James

ArtCam/Photoshop/Pattern Editor.

PCW
12-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Indian Chief Pattern (http://www.mediafire.com/?2tggqmy5hoz)

Kenm810
12-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Stain Glass Carving

One to paint and finish using your own imagination :grin:

AskBud
12-29-2009, 01:14 AM
OK, Here is tonights work using Design Editor and Cinderella.
AskBud

Chief
12-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Bud,

How did you take a simple photo and convert it into that beautiful pattern? I can't recall such detail in anything I've seen so far.

Chief

AskBud
12-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Bud,

How did you take a simple photo and convert it into that beautiful pattern? I can't recall such detail in anything I've seen so far.

Chief

To me, it all depends upon the photo image you start with. It had lots of detail & shading that made it adapt to contours, rather than just being a flat image that some/most photo's give you. The hair color is one of my keys to a good image. Light hair allows for a better edit than dark will ever give me. Dark hair carves deep and then everything looks distorted no matter what I try.
AskBud

luckettg
12-29-2009, 01:51 PM
To me, it all depends upon the photo image you start with. It had lots of detail & shading that made it adapt to contours, rather than just being a flat image that some/most photo's give you. The hair color is one of my keys to a good image. Light hair allows for a better edit than dark will ever give me. Dark hair carves deep and then everything looks distorted no matter what I try.
AskBud

I run into that too, with people and animals. For instance, I have a puppy face pic with lighter hair around the nose, with the nose being black, then the hair towards the eyes and head going from light tan to dark brown. It just never looks right when carving.

robbrigg2
12-29-2009, 05:42 PM
I run into that too, with people and animals. For instance, I have a puppy face pic with lighter hair around the nose, with the nose being black, then the hair towards the eyes and head going from light tan to dark brown. It just never looks right when carving.

If your using Photoshop there is a "Replace Color" option that will allow you to choose a color and replace it and only it where ever it is found on the image. This allows you to adapt the image to a more CW friendly pic.

PCW
12-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Rose Pattern

Kenm810
12-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Oval with Pine Trees

May be carved and cut as a Sign or a Frame :wink:

Rodeo1
12-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm trying to make an OSU themed desk clock using a clock insert. In my project I've got the Brutus pattern with a solid circle under his raised foot. There is a cutout circle in the center of the solid circle which is where the clock insert goes. The rectangle under the large circle is to create a broader surface for attachment to the base I am making separately.

My problem is with the cut-outs. The cutout basically needs to not go all the way around Brutus, but instead extend from his right foot around the rectangle and large circle until it reaches his left foot where it the continues around his profile. I figured I would need to use Clip Carving or Merge options, but those don't seem to be available for shapes.

In short, can anyone help me figure out how to make the objects come out as one carving attached to one another?

Thanks!

Kenm810
12-30-2009, 02:18 PM
One way might be to outline your project with a Spline Tool Line
then add a few manual tabs for the cutout.

Deolman
12-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Ken,

Thank you for the oval/pinetrees. I can't wait for spring to get back to carving. - Parry

Rodeo1
12-30-2009, 06:34 PM
One way might be to outline your project with a Spline Tool Line
then add a few manual tabs for the cutout.

Thank you Ken! I always appreciate the guidance and teaching everyone here provides. Now I've got another "tool in my toolbox."

Thanks again!

Kenm810
12-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Here's one all set-up for a Raster Sign or Plaque :wink:

temler
12-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Here's one all set-up for a Raster Sign or Plaque :wink:

Ken that is great and just what i was looking for, just perfect, it is so strange how things come up here just as you need something.
Thanks for everything you do around here.
Thanks
Tim

poteetjr
12-30-2009, 09:19 PM
I am an air force guy that plays with this for fun and I am having a hard time designing my new squardon patch. I don't know how to make the bird look 3-D. Can I get some help/advice?

Pomelle Sapele
12-30-2009, 09:38 PM
I am an air force guy that plays with this for fun and I am having a hard time designing my new squardon patch. I don't know how to make the bird look 3-D. Can I get some help/advice?

• Use three different shades of white in the feathers - lightest on top, first row a bit darker and the lower row darker still.
• Put a blend in the background
• Overlap some of the flames w/the bird's feet
• Put the edge of the right wing over the bounding circle and the edge of the left wing under it

Ike
12-30-2009, 09:53 PM

This is 2-D but if it is ok here ya go!

Ike

RayTrek
12-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Doe and Buck,
These are my newest to the outdoor collection all done with Photo Shop CS-2 and designer 1.153 and about 20 hours of fun.
Ken that is a very nice Ornamental Sign, Love your designing skills, we are very lucky to have you hanging out and sharing with us.
Happy New Year to all!
Ray

bjbethke
01-01-2010, 03:39 AM
Would this MPC help?

henry1
01-01-2010, 06:32 AM
Would this MPC help?
been trying to get this going a school progect and can;t seem to get going with it

poteetjr
01-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks for all the help yall, the patch looks great. I will post when carved.

andes
01-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Ok, I made an effort, but it needs lots of work ;-} Maybe one of the other members with a bit more skill can tune it up and give you more detail. Happy New Year.

been trying to get this going a school progect and can;t seem to get going with it

RayTrek
01-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Good day and Happy New Year,
I took Ask Bud picture and played with it a bit and wound up with this hope you don’t mind if I share it.
I was also asked if I would define the tail on the Doe and this is it, I wanted the tail down but I think it shows a little better in this pattern. Thanks for the critique it helps in the learning.
I will get back to the cabin some day I had put it aside for another one that i will summit to the store soon.
Ray
PS the zip file has the png, file of the lady the picture was a little small for me but I believe it will carve well.

RayTrek
01-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Cabin Barn
Here is another of the cabin with barn doors and I worked on prospective a bit.
Ray
PNG is in Zip, feel free to have fun with the drawings and author your own pattern. and share

eelamb
01-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Happy New Year, has gotten up to 31 here now and the sun is shinning. Was 15 when I put a round bale out for the horses this morning.

Yesterday I was playing with fireworks (adobe program), and came up with a few patterns so I thought I would share, they are not much but they are interesting. Plus I have an mpc I wanted to ask those with more experience if they thought it would carve.

Problem with the mpc as I see it I can not tell how thick the item will carve out! And I suspect designer may be doing something with it too by changing settings. This is why I made the bottom pattern larger. Yet designer showed it would carve right when both were the same size.

RayTrek
01-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Hello eelamb,
You can put a temp drill on the project and move it around to see what you have.
Looks to me that your MPC will carve fine, I changed the depths, heights, size of back side and added an inset to the cut path just for a different way of doing this project.
Good job on your lay out.
Cheers ~ Ray

eelamb
01-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Good ideal on the temp drill hole. Was trying to figure out how to slice it so I could see a side view. Thanks Oh just call me Ed or Eddie.

temler
01-02-2010, 09:13 AM
can anyone help make this look a little better and let me know what you did to make it look better. Thanks Tim

question two. how do i post a snap shot picture on here. I have to go back and look though all the post i am sure it tell me how to do this. but please help on the latest project.

Thanks
Tim
:confused:

PCW
01-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Tim

You may want to try highlighting the pattern and try inverting the image Carving/Invert pattern. Can also drop the depth from .250 to around .125. JMHO

RayTrek
01-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi Tim

I agree with Dan with this type of pattern I would invert and change depth
I included an example MPC
You can insert pictures the same way you insert MPC PTN files if they do not exceed file size limitations.

AskBud
01-02-2010, 10:43 AM
can anyone help make this look a little better and let me know what you did to make it look better. Thanks Tim

question two. how do i post a snap shot picture on here. I have to go back and look though all the post i am sure it tell me how to do this. but please help on the latest project.

Thanks
Tim
:confused:

Tim,
You have the lesson on one of the discs I sent, it's called Attachments.
Here is the 19.1 MB AVI lesson for others to review:
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-Attachments.zip

RayTrek
01-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Hello,

I have been going through the many files of patterns I have and cleaning them up and passing some of them on to all of you.
Fun stuff.
Ray

henry1
01-02-2010, 05:40 PM
That a start thx I will tune it up:)

henry1
01-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Ok, I made an effort, but it needs lots of work ;-} Maybe one of the other members with a bit more skill can tune it up and give you more detail. Happy New Year.
If you look in the picture the letter( R )did you ever see one around thx like that one in the picture

Ike
01-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Hello,

I have been going through the many files of patterns I have and cleaning them up and passing some of them on to all of you.
Fun stuff.
Ray

Ray you are awesome I am amazed of all the great patterns you continue to share!

Ike

PCW
01-02-2010, 07:52 PM
If you look in the picture the letter( R )did you ever see one around thx like that one in the picture

Henry,

Will this R work?

PCW
01-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Hello,

Fun stuff.
Ray

Ray,

Thanks for the great pattern and hope everything is well in the hood.:D

henry1
01-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Thank you and may I ask were you got this R I look every were for it

PCW
01-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Henry,

I made it in Adobe Illustrator.

Pomelle Sapele
01-03-2010, 04:55 AM
Thank you and may I ask were you got this R I look every were for it
It is not an 'R'. It is a chi rho, a symbol for Christ formed from the first two greek letters of "Christou".

henry1
01-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Henry,

I made it in Adobe Illustrator.

Did you buy that program and were can I get it and is hard to learn how to use it :)

Kenm810
01-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Yeah I'll admit it -- I've missed a few Sunday School classes here and there through the years :sad:
and even I never made the connection of X-mass and Christmas really meant.

Quote; - The chi rho is a symbol using the first two letters of the Greek word for Christ, chi (X) and rho (P), and is recognized as a Christian symbol representing Christ.
As an abreviation, Xmas should be spoken as Christmas, not ex-mas. If you read Mr. Wilson, you would not say em ar Wilson. You would say mister Wilson. Perhaps it is time for us to embrace and explain the true meaning of Xmas.

So to all readers, Xians and non-Xians alike, we were really wishing you and yours a Merry Xmas Season.

PCW
01-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Did you buy that program and were can I get it and is hard to learn how to use it :)

Henry,

That is a purchased program from Adobe Systems. They offer a trial version (http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/?promoid=BPDEG)and like all software you have to learn it.

This could have been drawn in Designer as well. AskBud just did a tutorial on connecting the dots and lines that should apply here. I have not seen the video but I would recommend checking out all his videos.

From Bud>>>
The new 5.53 MB AVI lesson on "Closed Figures - Using Arcs and Lines" is now available.
AskBud
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-...nd%20Lines.zip (http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-Closed%20Figure%20Using%20Arcs%20and%20Lines.zip)
From Bud's signature>
Downloads for your use http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-...0downloads.htm (http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-askbud%20downloads.htm) Closed Figure lesson added 1/2/2010

RayTrek
01-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Good Day Every One,
When going through the files yesterday I found this one almost done so I finished the Lay out and carved it, I used a scroll saw to cut out, Carve time was 1 ˝hr in some Oak I had, I used some walnut for the stand of from the wall to hang stuff more easily, and has one coat of amber shellac, 3 hours start to finish.
Not sure how the tails will last and they need the bigger size rings or carabineers’.
Sure was fun though being able to see a idea and make it happen, it would be fun to mount it to a picture with a window and the cats looking out.
Thank You Ike, and Dan, all is great in the Hood some snow and I have to heat the shop a bit to carve but I still love it, Cheers to all of your great sharing - Way Cool!
Ray

Kenm810
01-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks Ray,

For the really cute Cat Key Hanger,
One of our Neighbor's works at a veterinary office
and often foster-mothers for the kittens that come in,
and takes them home. It's not unusual to see 3, 4 or more
sitting on the window seat for her front bay window watching the world go by.
Come carving time I'm going to make sure she gets one
of your Key Ring Holders for the nice work she does .

RayTrek
01-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi Ken,
It is stories like yours that make it all worthwhile.:D
I only have one cat but he is a 20lb tabby the wildlife in the neighborhood run when he’s around except this one buck they seem to be friends, go figure.

Kenm810
01-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Ray,

We've had Cats with Kittens, Dogs of all sizes, Rabbits, Hamsters, Turtles,
Tropical and Pond Fish, Parakeets and Cockatails, plus 3 kids.
Now we've got 4 Grand kids and nest load of Miniature Fox Terriers that I call our Gang -- the Pups.

None of Pups weigh more than 12lb two years after this photo :wink:

robbrigg2
01-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Good Day Every One,
When going through the files yesterday I found this one almost done so I finished the Lay out and carved it, I used a scroll saw to cut out, Carve time was 1 ˝hr in some Oak I had, I used some walnut for the stand of from the wall to hang stuff more easily, and has one coat of amber shellac, 3 hours start to finish.
Not sure how the tails will last and they need the bigger size rings or carabineers’.
Sure was fun though being able to see a idea and make it happen, it would be fun to mount it to a picture with a window and the cats looking out.
Thank You Ike, and Dan, all is great in the Hood some snow and I have to heat the shop a bit to carve but I still love it, Cheers to all of your great sharing - Way Cool!
Ray

Thanks Ray.. that is great

Lin
01-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Ray,
I really like this one and am seroiusly thinking about carving it for myself. I don't carve much anymore. I only scroll and carve when something is ordered and folks just are not ordering here lately...but this one crys out to be hung in my house. Thinking about putting some lettering on it so it could be stained then the lettering painted another color....maybe your kittys name...or like the one I'm attaching...just KITTY. Thank-you so much for all the wonderful patterns and a special thanks for this one.
Lin

RayTrek
01-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Hello,
Those are some good looking pups Ken.
Thank you Robert, and thanks Lin, I love when you add to the design, great Idea! And I am proud you would want one hanging in your house, To Cool.
This is scheduled to be carved today if other jobs do not interfere, will get back with you how it turns out.
Cheers ~ Ray
PS I will cut the outside edges with the band saw that is why the board is laid out the way it is, if you cut out with the CW you will need a carrier jig or widen the board in design, also it is a two side carve, and it is over sized from standerd.

robbrigg2
01-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Hello,
Those are some good looking pups Ken.
Thank you Robert, and thanks Lin, I love when you add to the design, great Idea! And I am proud you would want one hanging in your house, To Cool.
This is scheduled to be carved today if other jobs do not interfere, will get back with you how it turns out.
Cheers ~ Ray
PS I will cut the outside edges with the band saw that is why the board is laid out the way it is, if you cut out with the CW you will need a carrier jig or widen the board in design, also it is a two side carve, and it is over sized from standerd.

This is another amazing design. Thanks again Ray

Lin
01-06-2010, 07:11 PM
I have not carved this. I hoping to find someone that can make a carve region for the PTN file that will match up to this heart. I'm thinking a heart shape carve region would look much better than the rectangle carve region in my MPC file. I was leading towards maybe using some simple crosses on the outer part if a heart carve region could be done.
Any ideas that could complement this PTN would be a welcome addition. The PTN was too large for the forums limits so you will have to pull it from this MPC.
Lin

AskBud
01-06-2010, 07:39 PM
I have not carved this. I hoping to find someone that can make a carve region for the PTN file that will match up to this heart. I'm thinking a heart shape carve region would look much better than the rectangle carve region in my MPC file. I was leading towards maybe using some simple crosses on the outer part if a heart carve region could be done.
Any ideas that could complement this PTN would be a welcome addition. The PTN was too large for the forums limits so you will have to pull it from this MPC.
Lin

I did an outline of the pattern, and eliminated all but the outer outline.
I then applied a Carve Area to the outline and set my depth to .700.
I next applied a Double Down Dome to that same outline and set the height to 900.
Last, I assigned a cut-out to the same outline and made sure it was on the "Outside".
AskBud

Lin
01-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Thank-you Bud but not quite what I was after. I didn't make myself very clear on what I meant by a heart carve region. I am attaching a zip file that has a PNG file and a MPW file of what I had tried to make in a graphics program to use behind the John 3-16 PTN. What I can't seem to do is to get the heart shape to match up to the PTN file heart and then to make an even larger heart as the outer part doesn't work by just enlarging it. It has something to do with the heart shape itself I guess that makes it to where I can't get it right. I'm also attaching a pic of the one I made that isn't right with a couple other patterns added to it. This is what I'm trying to do. The original John 3-16 PTN pattern I remade from a scrollsaw pattern that I have cut on the scrollsaw a few times. The last time being this past x-mas and while cutting it the thought came to me that it might make a very nice CW pattern if a outer heart shape were added to it. This should give every one a bit more of an idea of what I'm trying to do. And maybe those with more experience with vector drawing than I might be able to get the heart shapes to match up.
Thanks for any and all help.
Lin

mtylerfl
01-07-2010, 10:49 AM
What I can't seem to do is to get the heart shape to match up to the PTN file heart...
Lin

Hi Lin,

I made a quickie heart pattern based upon your screenshot heart-shape that has the scripture verse. (I attempted to match that particular shape.) I don't know if it will help you or not, but here it is...

RayTrek
01-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Hello Lin,
I have given it a go as well, the inner and outer hearts can be adjusted and I put a pattern on just to make sure it would be above the heart, also put the heart pattern I made from your MPW file that I used to do this layout, even if it is not what you are looking for I had fun learning something new that I will use in other projects.
Hi Michael, Nice Heart! I may use that some day.
Cheers Ray

chebytrk
01-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Thank-you Bud but not quite what I was after. I didn't make myself very clear on what I meant by a heart carve region. I am attaching a zip file that has a PNG file and a MPW file of what I had tried to make in a graphics program to use behind the John 3-16 PTN. What I can't seem to do is to get the heart shape to match up to the PTN file heart and then to make an even larger heart as the outer part doesn't work by just enlarging it. It has something to do with the heart shape itself I guess that makes it to where I can't get it right. I'm also attaching a pic of the one I made that isn't right with a couple other patterns added to it. This is what I'm trying to do. The original John 3-16 PTN pattern I remade from a scrollsaw pattern that I have cut on the scrollsaw a few times. The last time being this past x-mas and while cutting it the thought came to me that it might make a very nice CW pattern if a outer heart shape were added to it. This should give every one a bit more of an idea of what I'm trying to do. And maybe those with more experience with vector drawing than I might be able to get the heart shapes to match up.
Lin

I have a pattern of the Praying Hands (holding a Rosery), but they don't look as good as the one in the pic. Anyone have an Idea how to fix that?

RayTrek
01-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi Lin,
This time I resized the heart in PS useing transform warp.
Maby a littel closer
Zip has the PNG.

Lin
01-07-2010, 01:56 PM
I want to express my thanks to both Ray and Michael for working on this for me. I haven't downloaded the second set that Ray did but by the pic I think he has exactly what I am looking for. I just could not seem to get the heart the right shape from the get go and then to make the second one just did not work. (the shape was dead on for the one Michael did but when upscaling it for the second heart it didn't come out right and I had problems getting the inner deeper than the outer......lol) I have been trying to do them in Paint Shop Pro 7 and honestly I have never been able to get that program to wrap properly for me so I am soooo happy to have you guys here and willing to help. I'm thinking about just doing some squiggle profile lines on the flat surface of the outer heart for the first one I try to carve. Hoping that it turns out good and I will try another with the prayer hands or cross.
Thanks much boys,
Lin

AskBud
01-10-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm placing this here so the pattern hit the "sharing" thread.
AskBud

AskBud
01-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Here is Betty Boop, made with the Recessed Circle Pattern as a my surface.
AskBud

Lin
01-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Not sure if I posted this before but recently found it and tweaked it a bit with PE. I'm attaching the PNG file for it zipped up so you can change any part of it for your project. The PTN is to large for the forum anyways.
Lin

Lin
01-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Another wordart pattern. PNG, PTN and MPW are all in the zip file
Lin

Lin
01-11-2010, 06:02 AM
One last pattern before I get too busy to think again...PTN,PNG and MPW are all in the zip file.
Lin

hess
01-11-2010, 09:20 PM
One last pattern before I get too busy to think again...PTN,PNG and MPW are all in the zip file.
Lin

Lin
looks like it would be a good litho thanks

RayTrek
01-12-2010, 11:39 AM
This is from a scan I did awhile back and put a few hours of work into, maybe some of you can use it.
Hi Lin, Nice patterns thanks for sharing.
have a great day ~ Ray
The zip has the pattern

Shawnf2
01-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Anyone have a jagged edge board mpc? need to make a man cave sign
Thanks Shawn

badger
01-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Anyone have a jagged edge board mpc? need to make a man cave sign
Thanks Shawn

Posted this png a while back so people can play with it, think someone used it for a project.

Enjoy if it works for you.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=97754&postcount=187

Shawnf2
01-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Worked great badger thank you!!
Shawn

temler
01-13-2010, 05:23 PM
love the bird house ptn, it carved great and got me points with the wife.
I will gone from here for awhile have surgery in the morning to replace the pain pump into my spine, anybody want to take my place. I hope a couple of you might help with my project i put up somewhere else here.
Have to go now and get everything ready for my wonderful vacation at the hospital be there 2 to 3 day so much fun. You all keep it under control with out me. ha ha ha
thanks for everything you guys have done for me.
Hope i see you next week, I don't trust doctor.
Thanks
Tim

Dan-Woodman
01-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Taking your CW with you?
Best of luck and hurry back.
later Daniel

TurtleCove
01-13-2010, 06:59 PM
what am i missing?
what birdhouse pattern?

AskBud
01-13-2010, 07:09 PM
what am i missing?
what birdhouse pattern?

http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=118005&postcount=2159

lovejoys
01-14-2010, 10:53 PM
well what can you guys come up with I am having a hard time with this one
no flower I need vegetable with a nice background scene

thanks for all the help

bjbethke
01-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Here is a No Hunting pattern,

temler
01-16-2010, 06:04 PM
See the pictures and pattern below. And i spent all day working on my first of the awards. Not a bad drawing of a llama but the rest of the stuff i got done today just stunk. below is the origanal post of what i am working on and this is what I came up with after 8 hours. Picture one Your Brian, Picture two and three, Your brain on drugs, or at least this is what i came up while my brain is fried on all the pain killers the doctors gave me to kill the pain that i have from the operation I just had to fix a pain pump that is put pain meds in the spine so it doesn't have all these side effects on the brain. what a bad day, I hope these side effects don't stick around too long, i will never get a project done again. alright go ahead and make fun of my great art work.
Take care all:confused::confused::confused:
Tim

http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=118153&postcount=1

bjbethke
01-16-2010, 06:39 PM
See the pictures and pattern below. And i spent all day working on my first of the awards. Not a bad drawing of a llama but the rest of the stuff i got done today just stunk. below is the origanal post of what i am working on and this is what I came up with after 8 hours. Picture one Your Brian, Picture two and three, Your brain on drugs, or at least this is what i came up while my brain is fried on all the pain killers the doctors gave me to kill the pain that i have from the operation I just had to fix a pain pump that is put pain meds in the spine so it doesn't have all these side effects on the brain. what a bad day, I hope these side effects don't stick around too long, i will never get a project done again. alright go ahead and make fun of my great art work.
Take care all:confused::confused::confused:
Tim

http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=118153&postcount=1
Check this post, it may help you clean up your patterns.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=14194

TIMCOSBY
01-17-2010, 01:34 AM
to impossible to get a good pattern from a pic. some are passable but very few.

TurtleCove
01-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks Bud!
I haven't watched it yet, but I can tell from the description, that it's going to be very helpful to me !!

bjbethke
01-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Any one need a Basset Hound. Having fun making patterns.:mrgreen:

Dan-Woodman
01-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Just thought I'd share some musical notes that I scrollsawed out years ago.
There probably not correct in the musical world, but I'm sure someone can fix it. It was just an old scrollsaw pattern.
later Daniel

Scroll'ng Dave
01-18-2010, 06:35 PM
BJBethke, I like the Bassett Hounds, do yu have any Dachshund files?????

Dave

AskBud
01-18-2010, 06:50 PM

Dave

Here is one.
AskBud
http://store.carvewright.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

Shacky
01-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Anybody have any patterns that would be sauna related?

Artwork of a sauna would be great.

bjbethke
01-18-2010, 07:33 PM

Dave
No I don't have a Dachshund file. I joined a wood carving club (hand Tool Type) and the dog was a carving/wood burn pattern there may be more dog patterns on it. I might buy a CD with 1500 carving patterns, not sure yet – the cost is $150.00. I might need to sell a few more of my CD’s

bjbethke
01-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Anybody have any patterns that would be sauna related?

Artwork of a sauna would be great.
Will this work?

hess
01-19-2010, 11:31 AM
No I don't have a Dachshund file. I joined a wood carving club (hand Tool Type) and the dog was a carving/wood burn pattern there may be more dog patterns on it. I might buy a CD with 1500 carving patterns, not sure yet – the cost is $150.00. I might need to sell a few more of my CD’s

Hey BJb other ten military what other c ds do you have for donation

bjbethke
01-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Hey BJb other ten military what other c ds do you have for donation
Hess, I have lots of patterns I made, but I never sorted them out. There is more than 10 CD’s of patterns folders – I keep my PTN’s in folders with all files I used to make them. Most of them are like LOGO styles, some 3d like. I could make you a CD of them; let me know what type patterns you want.

c6craig
01-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Hess, I have lots of patterns I made, but I never sorted them out. There is more than 10 CD’s of patterns folders – I keep my PTN’s in folders with all files I used to make them. Most of them are like LOGO styles, some 3d like. I could make you a CD of them; let me know what type patterns you want.

BJB - What do you get for a DVD worth? At a low price per pattern in bulk this may be a great way for me to beef up my pattern library...

Thanks,
Craig

bjbethke
01-19-2010, 04:14 PM
I have been making lots of silhouette and scroll saw images into patterns. I joind a Carving club and will try to carve the silhouette image into 3D. Then use the CW Scanning probe to make the patterns. It may take me some time to get good hand carvings.

I will make the carving board into a sled.

I did not carve the Wood Chopper, These are the types of drawings I want to get. 1500 for $150.00

bjbethke
01-19-2010, 04:29 PM
BJB - What do you get for a DVD worth? At a low price per pattern in bulk this may be a great way for me to beef up my pattern library...

Thanks,
Craig
I started asking for a donation of $10.00 a year and a half ago, I had about 100 patterns on the Department of Defense CD - The lowest I am getting now is $60.00 plus an extra $50.00 for more updates. I started making my patterns in Dec. 2007. I now want to get a minimum Donation of $60.00 (There are close to 500 patterns on the DVD, PTN’s MPC, MPW and the images I use to make the patterns.) That’s about 15 cents for each folder.

chebytrk
01-19-2010, 11:08 PM

Hey BJB, Do you have any CDs of a collection of Masonic, Scottish Rite or Shriner patterns? I'm still lookin' around to get all I can. Thanks......

CarverJerry
01-20-2010, 08:34 AM
BJB, do you by chance have a web site or somewhere where you show examples of whats on your cd's? I'm interested in building a good collection of carvings as I'm just getting into this carving stuff.

Kenm810
01-20-2010, 09:15 AM
BJB,

Thanks for the Gnome pdf file, :grin:
Barb's been wanting something like that
to put over the potting bench, in the Garden Shed.
A few more plaques and posters like that will sure help
brighten it up in there on those rainy Spring days.

bjbethke
01-21-2010, 02:12 AM
Hey BJB, Do you have any CDs of a collection of Masonic, Scottish Rite or Shriner patterns? I'm still lookin' around to get all I can. Thanks......
No I haven't tried to make any of these patterns; I never joined any of those clubs. If I could find good images I could try to do that.

bjbethke
01-21-2010, 03:52 AM
BJB, do you by chance have a web site or somewhere where you show examples of whats on your cd's? I'm interested in building a good collection of carvings as I'm just getting into this carving stuff.
No I do not have a WEB site. I store all my patterns on SD/CD/DVD's with the image I use to make the patterns. I use Windows XP and there is a "Thumbnail" function that shows the image on the face of the folder. I clean my Hard Drives and reformat them about every three months or less and save all my important files on CD/DVD's. See the images posted here, this is what a CD folder looks like. It makes it very easy for me to find patterns when I need them. (One time frame posted).

I also keep all my MPN files (Favorites folder) on SD memory cards. This way I can add or delete the PTN’s in the favorite’s folder. (C:\Documents and Settings\BJ Bethke\CarveWright) And do not over load the CW Designer. I find when the MPN file gets 100MB or more it will start to show down the CW Designer program. At this time I save the MPN file to a SD card and also save it to my Pattern Folder with a screen print of the “Favorites images” several screen prints to do that. (I use the 4GB SD cards)

I started the Department of Defense CD and make then for a small donation for my time to Honor the wonderful men and women who serve our country and keep us free. Not sure about whom is in charge now – I hope He gets his Learning Curve right very soon.

bjbethke
01-21-2010, 05:30 AM
Your welcome, I get a lot of patterns from you. I tried to make a four sided carving of them, but they do not match up.

Here is one for a cane. May need to find the carving knifes.

Catalog address; http://www.texaswoodcarvers.com/ Some good clean up tools here.

TWOATLOW8
01-21-2010, 12:37 PM
I found this when i was going thru my files.
Whatcha think ?

Kenm810
01-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks Guys!!

Two more great patterns to work and play with,
also add to my Folders. :grin:

RayTrek
01-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Hello to all,

Another one for you,
the zip file has the pattern.
Cheers ~ Ray, ver. 1.153

eelamb
01-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Been working on a hand saw pattern. Hope you like and can use.

robbrigg2
01-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Been working on a hand saw pattern. Hope you like and can use.

Nice one Eelamb thanks for sharing...

eelamb
01-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Made a change to the hand saw removing the excess cut area around the saw. This one wil be much beter to work with.

Thanks Rob, I believe this one will work better.

Kenm810
01-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Here's one for the Shop :wink:

SharonB
01-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Ken....that is a good one. But you need to add "Al Who, AskBud and" just above Confucius. SharonB

eelamb
01-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Ken very nice, but should it say always?

Kenm810
01-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Thanks Eddie,

I just hit the Easy Bottom --No Problem

eelamb
01-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Ken I was wondering if I was missing something while reading it.

Here are a couple of basket weave patterns. Got the images from here but had to edit them to make them consistent and crop so they were repeating.

Rodeo1
01-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Anybody have an Atlanta Falcons logo PTN?

PCW
01-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Anybody have an Atlanta Falcons logo PTN?

Will this work?

Rodeo1
01-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks PCW, the logo looks great! However before I can use it, I'm trying to figure out how to eliminate the "box" carved region around the logo. I just came up with a GIF file of the logo a few minutes ago and imported it into the Pattern Editor, but still can't get it right. If I use raise/lower the carving looks bad. If I use the "magic wand" it doesn't select the outer outline of the falcon so I lose too much of the pattern. Any ideas?

AskBud
01-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Look at the "Carving List". You should be able to delete the Carve Region (Box). You can Extract the pattern and it will be placed in your library.
AskBud

PCW
01-25-2010, 01:47 PM
. If I use raise/lower the carving looks bad. If I use the "magic wand" it doesn't select the outer outline of the falcon so I lose too much of the pattern. Any ideas?

In addition to Bud's suggestion if you would just like to use the pattern.

In Designer

Go to Tools/Extract Pattens
This will save it in your favorite patterns (Pattern Tool)

Also the pattern will carve best if you add draft to it to avoid any wood chip-out during carving.

Go to Carving Menu/Draft (I used large)

Eagle Hollow
01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
In addition to Bud's suggestion if you would just like to use the pattern.

In Designer

Go to Tools/Extract Pattens
This will save it in your favorite patterns (Pattern Tool)

Also the pattern will carve best if you add draft to it to avoid any wood chip-out during carving.

Go to Carving Menu/Draft (I used large)

Great suggestion PCW. Thanks for posting it.

CarverJerry
01-25-2010, 04:09 PM
I see how that works and it's easy, thanks. I have a file that I down loaded of the praying hands. It has text at the bottom and would like to just carve just the hands but can't seem to be able to remove just the image. How would that be done.

DocWheeler
01-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Jerry,

See the last post on this link (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=2815&highlight=praying+hands)

PCW
01-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Jerry

If you get into a situation where you don't have a pattern like Doc pointed out you can do a work around by masking the text with another pattern.

Kenm810
01-25-2010, 05:53 PM
This is one that I've been wanting to try

CarverJerry
01-25-2010, 05:58 PM
I see what you did, it works but does cover some of the original picture. This set of hands are a little different from the one Doc suggested, so I think I'll see what those carve like.

PCW
01-25-2010, 05:59 PM

Good one Ken.

Rodeo1
01-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Thanks guys, that worked awesome! Loading the machine up to try the carve now and I learned something new (extract patterns).

Thanks again and have a great night!

Shacky
01-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Will this work?

A belated THANKS!

Eagle Hollow
01-26-2010, 06:35 AM

Ken, your artistic "bent" is fascinating! Thanks for sharing this pattern. It's' on my "to-do" list.

RayTrek
01-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Here are two more for any of you that are interested.
Thanks for all the great projects all of you share.
Cheers ~Ray

Kenm810
01-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks Ray, for the .ptn files and sharing the Photos
That's a couple more nice ones for my Egyptian Folder :grin:http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

skeeterman
01-26-2010, 05:52 PM
here is a moose that i changed to a vector format, that i would like to share
steve

c6craig
01-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks to Ken for the images, I figured I would post these flower patterns in case anyone else needed some simple ones.

I have to do it in three posts due to file limitations on the forum.

Thanks,
Craig

c6craig
01-27-2010, 08:32 PM
2 of 3...

Craig

c6craig
01-27-2010, 08:32 PM
last of them.

Enjoy, Craig

Kenm810
01-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Craig,

If you have any type of Word or Publishing software like Windows,
you can combine the photos in one file and use the other four for the mpc or ptn files.
And if their all just photos you can put as many as you want in each file like I did in the other thread. :wink:

c6craig
01-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks Ken, great tip, I hadn't thought about that!

Always learning....:cool:

Craig

RayTrek
01-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Hello,
I have seen some interest from some with the Owl project. And thought I would share some of the project files I made.
Doug, I included the PNG file for the tail and would be honored to see your MPC shared here, sounds like a great project lay out.
Good Day
Ray

CraigR
01-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Looking good Ray, Thanks.

temler
01-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks Ray those are great, I love owls so they will go great on my walls some where.:mrgreen:
Thanks
Tim

RayTrek
01-30-2010, 09:18 AM
This one is just OK I think it will carve nice though.
Good day.
Ray

fwharris
01-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Made this from a scan a while back. I did a mirror image of it just playing around..I have not carved it but it should do ok..

fwharris
01-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Another from a scan. Not sure of the type of bird. I called it a raven as it was with a bowl of fruit and stuff..

easybuilt
01-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Does anyone have a house cat pattern to share? I need one to put by a wood kitchen stove. I looked thru the patten department and could'nt find one.
Thanks, Tom

roughcut
01-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Does anyone have a house cat pattern to share? I need one to put by a wood kitchen stove. I looked thru the patten department and could'nt find one.
Thanks, Tom

Here is a sleeping cat pattern you are welcome to use if it helps

AskBud
01-30-2010, 11:45 PM
Several Kittens on this thread.
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=8728&highlight=kitten
AskBud

bjbethke
01-31-2010, 01:49 AM
Thanks, Tom
Will this work?

bjbethke
01-31-2010, 02:15 AM
Here is another one.

Cabinetdesigner
01-31-2010, 07:46 AM
any suggestions or comments before I carve this?

bjbethke
01-31-2010, 10:21 AM
any suggestions or comments before I carve this?
It should carve OK, but I noticed some noise and loss in the image you posted. This can be corrected in the pattern editor.

This is the way I would use this image.

Cabinetdesigner
01-31-2010, 10:27 AM
thanks I have alot to learn still. How did you fix the foot I tried in the patern editor but did not know how.

bjbethke
01-31-2010, 10:34 AM
You could also invert the dish pattern. This PTN was made using the Gradent Designer program.

bjbethke
01-31-2010, 11:12 AM
thanks I have alot to learn still. How did you fix the foot I tried in the patern editor but did not know how.
I use PhotoShop CS4 to remove the background. The image you sent was 72 dpi; I also like to work with images that are 300 dpi to work in the Pattern Editor. It is very easy to do that in PhotoShop.

My Adobe CS4 also has a program called Fireworks which is also great to clean up pattern images. I am starting to learn how it works now; it is kind of a neat program. There are some, one or two button functions. (Magic Wand and Erase buttons)

I find the CW Pattern Editor can do most of that work, but the one button functions are the lazy way to do that.

-Screen Print of FW program -.

easybuilt
01-31-2010, 08:14 PM
Here is a sleeping cat pattern you are welcome to use if it helps

Thank you everyone for the kitten patterns they will work great!
I kept looking for cats or house cats.
I really appreciate the help!

lawrence
01-31-2010, 11:26 PM
here are some of my recent dingbats that I've been playing around with.... no promises on any of these but there are 15 or 20 different dingbats on here that I created from jpegs....

If anyone needs any dingbats made I'm getting pretty handy at doing them.... line art works the best obviously. I may be able to help out from time to time. I know I've benefited from y'all here on this site and I'd love to give back a little.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u313/ldr_klr/001lawrencedingbats.png
Tom, I threw in a cat or two at the end (I think number 7..)
hope these come in handy
Lawrence

ps- a couple of these are pretty heavy duty font files.... one or two of them even make my I7 with 6gb DDR3 think for a minute or two....
LDR

bjbethke
02-02-2010, 02:21 AM
I received the CD I ordered to make wood carvings. I am hopping to carve them and then scan the 3d images for new patterns.

There are 1500 drawings to show me how to do that; it’s going to be a big learning curve.

Here is a pattern I made to test on my CW unit. It is another Kitten.

brewmeister35
02-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi, does anyone have some type of fire/rescue insignia pattern? I want to make a plaque for my girlfriend's mother who's husband passed away just recently.

Thank you.

c6craig
02-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Hi, does anyone have some type of fire/rescue insignia pattern? I want to make a plaque for my girlfriend's mother who's husband passed away just recently.

Thank you.

Check these posts out, some great patterns that you may be able to use:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=13755&highlight=paramedic

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=12378&highlight=firefighter

http://forum.carvewright.com//showthread.php?t=6268

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=2702&highlight=firefighter

I found them just by searching for "firefighter" and "paramedic", there are more there, but these were just a few that I saw with some cool patterns...

Craig

bjbethke
02-06-2010, 06:01 PM
CD pattern collections of animals.

Old Cop, I have added this pattern to the CD, I am making this carving for my oldest son.

RayTrek
02-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Here is one that I do not be leave will ever play a note, but with the creative minds anything is possible.
The carve shown was a glue up, I have not tried the two side carve on this MPC.
Cheers and have a great day, Ray

ajk
02-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi

There is a pattern. Hope somebody can use.

hilda

bjbethke
02-09-2010, 02:03 AM
This is a pattern of Sitting Bull, the MPC and PDF

Kenm810
02-09-2010, 05:45 AM
This is one I kind of liked

Pratyeka
02-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Enjoy! Picture shows pierced setting on .750" board.

liquidguitars
02-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Eagle on a Slab Pattern

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo54/pcwholesale/Carvewright/Sign%20Pictures/Eagle-1.jpg

Wow realy nice!

LG

eelamb
02-09-2010, 07:34 PM
LG, thanks for posting the image of PCW, had not seen that one and it is really a good one.

Here is one of a saddle I have made hope someone can use it.

I have placed 14 PTN/MPC's on my web site (a few will not fit here). If interested click the link below. You can download the files and click the images to see larger images. Also if you have a web site and want to be on the RSS feed I created, let me know and I will add your site to the RSS feed. I plan on doing the SEO (Search Engine Optimazation) on my site soon for promotion.

Scroll'ng Dave
02-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Does anyone have a basket weave pattern they care to share? Looking to make a Humidor for a friend and want to do the sides in a weaved pattern. Appreciate it in advance!

Dave

eelamb
02-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Dave before entering this thread click on the paper clip, scroll down to weave. There are two of them there one straight the other a 45 deg weave.
or click this link
http://forum.carvewright.com/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=2046

DocWheeler
02-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Does anyone have a basket weave pattern they care to share? Looking to make a Humidor for a friend and want to do the sides in a weaved pattern. Appreciate it in advance!

Dave

Try here (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=10553&page=2).
Here is my project link (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=11587&highlight=basket) for it.

bjbethke
02-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Dave before entering this thread click on the paper clip, scroll down to weave. There are two of them there one straight the other a 45 deg weave.
or click this link
If you have a PDF pro version you can also make a PDF of the "Paper Clip" so you can have that on your Hard Drive Pattern file.

There are over 100 pages to that paper clip.

This is what it looks like.

New patterns are added every day, so it may need updating from time to time.

AskBud
02-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Why not just save this link to your Internet "Favorites" (Bookmark), rather than making a PDF that is out of date almost as soon as you make it.
AskBud

bjbethke
02-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Why not just save this link to your Internet "Favorites" (Bookmark), rather than making a PDF that is out of date almost as soon as you make it.
AskBud
I do that, but it takes me all day to find things in that folder (you haven’t seen my “Bookmark” file ;),) and it would only be tied to that computer. I use a portable Hard Drive; it is a SD-high-speed USB drive. It can be a 2MB, 4MB, 8MB or a 16MB these are the SD memory chips I have. I keep a copy of my Carvewright files this way and I can use this on any computer any time.

If the PDF gets out of date, all it takes is a few clicks on the keyboard and it’s up to date and the old file is replaced.

This works great for me. This is what the MPN file looks like, it fits on one SD memory chip.

Note: To use the MPN folders - Just click on any of the MPN folders and it will AUTO load to your CW favorite’s folder, when you are done with it, just delete it. I keep the CW favorite’s folder below 150MB this way.

will-munny
02-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Okay, when you click on the paper clip in the pattern sharing area, how do you keep track of whats new, what you already have? How can you organize them so they are in order by date added. Its pretty hard to go thru the whole list looking for a single pattern. Anyway, just wondering if there is a way to organize it. Thanks

twiceretired
02-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Okay, when you click on the paper clip in the pattern sharing area, how do you keep track of whats new, what you already have? How can you organize them so they are in order by date added. Its pretty hard to go thru the whole list looking for a single pattern. Anyway, just wondering if there is a way to organize it. Thanks

Will-munny, that’s a good question. I copied the list to excel, and was able to open the files in excel, but still haven’t figured out how to organize all 2807 entries. I’ll try some kind of sort, but even then, how to keep track of up-dates.

mtylerfl
02-10-2010, 11:54 AM
I do that, but it takes me all day to find things in that folder...

Hi BJB,

Just a question...I noticed you pictured a honey bee in your file example (http://forum.carvewright.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31451&d=1265817422) that looks quite a lot like the one we modeled awhile back. Is that a purchased pattern? The quality looks rather poor, so I don't think it's the actual pattern we sell, but am quite curious where you obtained it?

(see photos below of our actual pattern)