PDA

View Full Version : board to thick message

bamaman315
04-05-2012, 04:29 PM
I am having issues with one of my machines, I am using 3/4 board that is 18 inches long, when it comes to loading the cutting bit it keeps telling me that the board is to thick. I have tried all of my cutting bits , even new ones and get the same message. I even replaced the board tracker and still the same message. HELP running out of ideas. oh even reformatted card and tried card in another machine and it worked .

AskBud
04-05-2012, 04:56 PM
I am having issues with one of my machines, I am using 3/4 board that is 18 inches long, when it comes to loading the cutting bit it keeps telling me that the board is to thick. I have tried all of my cutting bits , even new ones and get the same message. I even replaced the board tracker and still the same message. HELP running out of ideas. oh even reformatted card and tried card in another machine and it worked .Do both machines have the same chuck?
Is it failing on the keyboard, on the board surface, or the non-keyboard side?

Usually this error would occur when the bit is testing one of those three points, and they all involve the up & down movement of the Z-Truck.
AskBud

lynnfrwd
04-05-2012, 04:57 PM
See page 5 of the Troubleshooting Guide under SUPPORT > MAINTENANCE. It sounds like you may have a hole in the board tracker housing.

AskBud
04-05-2012, 05:05 PM
See page 5 of the Troubleshooting Guide under SUPPORT > MAINTENANCE. It sounds like you may have a hole in the board tracker housing.Here is the link: http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Maintenence/Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf
AskBud

chief2007
04-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Per the troubleshooting guide:

Board Too Thick to Cut Message
Description of Issue
The “Board Too Thick to Cut” message appears on the LCD screen when the machine measures
the inserted board thickness and determines that it is thicker than the cutting bit can cut all the
way through. This message will only appear if there is a cutting operation in the project.
Possible Causes
The causes can be: a sliding plate that is not slid all the way over against the board, the wrong bit
his inserted into the machine, a case where the user is using a jig on a project that has a cut-out in
it and the height of the jig does not allow the bit to touch the board sensor during homing, or a
damaged board sensor.
Troubleshooting Steps
1. Verify that the board is NOT over 1” thick.
2. Check that the sliding plate is slid over against the edge of the board.
3. Verify that the correct bit is inserted and correctly assembled.
4. Check hole in the board sensor. Check for a hole on the board tracking sensor - Look on
the plastic bar of the board tracking sensor for hole. If there is a hole, place a dime on top
of that and run the machine. Machine should run normally after that. You also obtain a
clip (Board Position Encoder touch plate - P1323) to cover the hole.
5. Check Tracking Roller" error message. This error is shown because of out of limit
numbers when measuring the length of the board.
6. Run a project and watch where the error occurs and what the machine is attempting to do.
7. Consult CarveWright.

bamaman315
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
yes both machines have the same chuck, I have already replaced the board trackinng device and still keep getting message

Do both machines have the same chuck?
Is it failing on the keyboard, on the board surface, or the non-keyboard side?

Usually this error would occur when the bit is testing one of those three points, and they all involve the up & down movement of the Z-Truck.
AskBud

bamaman315
04-05-2012, 05:21 PM
key board side

yes both machines have the same chuck, I have already replaced the board trackinng device and still keep getting message

AskBud
04-05-2012, 05:25 PM
key board sideAre you saying that you replaced the brass roller assembly?
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
04-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I am thinking hole in the Plastic holding the Brass Roller.... too....

AL

bamaman315
04-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Yes replaced brass roller assy.

Digitalwoodshop
04-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Place a board in the right side of the machine and crank it down. Measure the distance to the BIT FLAG when extended... Could be bent down....

AL