PDA

View Full Version : circle's edges not matching up

easybuilt
04-05-2012, 01:44 PM
The good news is this customer is ordering a fourth sign, this one is for Kansas City. But I need some advise, every time I carve this the edges are off about a 1/2" so I sand it to match. Stan was telling maybe I should flip the carve since my cw measures a little wrong and I can't get it exact. Any suggestions on how to carve a 30" circle so it matches up with little sanding?
Thanks as always for your advise.

mtylerfl
04-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Hi Tom,

I don't know which axis your carves are off (x or y), but I have a theory that might be worth a shot. I notice on all your MPC's that you have constrained the elements to Horizontal. Of course, that's fine when laying out your design. However, I would recommend removing the constraints before uploading to the card and carving. Remember, this is just a hunch on my part...I could really be all wet on this. I am thinking when you are going through the setup at the machine, the constraint to horizontal center might have something to do with the parts being "off", especially if the board measurement has a slight discrepency with the real dimensions. If you ever get a chance to try this out, please let me (us) know if removing the constraints made any difference.

EDIT: One more thing...I am assuming you are not allowing Auto-Jigging when the warning message pops up during the card upload procedure!

AskBud
04-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Tom,
I've looked at all 3 MPC.
I've noticed some items that would indicate that you are applying two (2) basic MPCs, rather than just moving one MPC in to place for each saved MPC.

The top and center MPCs have a 90 degree Edge Route applied to the board, and have the text "Wichita".

The bottom MPC has no Edge Route applied, and has the text "Denver" applied.

As I understand the PDF on "Big Signs" we would normally make one large design (MPC). From there, we just place/move the entire design for each separate MPC we need to complete our panels. I would hesitate to just change one of the secondary panels! I would rather go back to my master and revise and save it prior to making my new project versions.
AskBud

mtylerfl
04-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Holy Smokes, Bud...I totally missed the edge routes! I think Tom's overall layout is probably ok, but the edge routes have got to go! Good catch.

easybuilt
04-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks Bud and Michael for the advise!
Yes Bud I think you caught it and that would be just enough for the difference.
That is the problem when I repeat a design and don't check the original.
I am going to carve the Kansas City one this weekend and I will let you know how it comes out.

mtylerfl
04-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks Bud and Michael for the advise!
Yes Bud I think you caught it and that would be just enough for the difference.
That is the problem when I repeat a design and don't check the original.
I am going to carve the Kansas City one this weekend and I will let you know how it comes out.

Hi Tom,

You're welcome, but it really is Bud that deserves all the thanks! I bet your project will go smoothly now, thanks to him!