PDA

View Full Version : new user in Nova Scotia Canada

Eastjack
04-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Just saying hello to all you carvewright users out there. I am a retired mechanical designer/technician and have recently purchased a used C machine from the USA. I read through the maintenance tips on this forum and adjusted the machine and so far everything seems to work as intended. It only had 4.75 hours carving time on it so I was wondering why the original buyer got rid of it and had expected issues.

Carved a few test pieces using mdf and then a wall plaque in maple. The maple warped horribly even though it was kiln dried wood. I also noticed that the edge routing with a 3/8" roman ogre tended to burn the maple even with a brand new bit. Lots to learn I guess.
I did buy the tracing attachment primarily to get the pattern editor and have been playing around with imports using the ai2mpc utility. I am retired and have blown the budget already so cant afford the centerline text but have found how to import single line vector text that work very well.

As support seems to be non existent in Nova Scotia I hope I can fix anything that goes wrong as shipping to Texas is outrageously expensive. I do have work experience with servo robotics so that may help.

I have learned a lot already by reading this forum and hope to contribute once I have enough skills to be useful. Until then I will learn from the vast repository of knowledge to be found on this forum :)

Eastjack

ladjr
04-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Welcome to the forum. It is a great forum and every one is always willing to help.

There is a conference in June in Texas. I can't afford to go but the one last year provided a lot of informantion.

Leo

BBrooks
04-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Welcome aboard Eastjack. Being on this forum is just like being there. Helpful folks and almost any
troubleshooting you might need to do can be answered here in current or previous posts.
Cheers,