PDA

View Full Version : beginner help

k9smith
03-28-2012, 09:13 AM
i have been asked to make a plaque for one of my co workers who is being transfered to another unit.. this is a basic design i came up with in fact the wording isnt finished. What im looking for are suggestions on how you would go about this. i have attached the file if you want to play with it. if you do i appreciate it and would ask if you would point out what you did so i can learn from it and expand my knowledge base on how to get it where i want it. thanks in advance.

dltccf
03-28-2012, 10:19 AM
i have been asked to make a plaque for one of my co workers who is being transfered to another unit.. this is a basic design i came up with in fact the wording isnt finished. What im looking for are suggestions on how you would go about this. i have attached the file if you want to play with it. if you do i appreciate it and would ask if you would point out what you did so i can learn from it and expand my knowledge base on how to get it where i want it. thanks in advance.

I would either invert the text (right click > invert pattern) or extend the rectangle to include the text.

AskBud
03-28-2012, 10:34 AM
i have been asked to make a plaque for one of my co workers who is being transfered to another unit.. this is a basic design i came up with in fact the wording isnt finished. What im looking for are suggestions on how you would go about this. i have attached the file if you want to play with it. if you do i appreciate it and would ask if you would point out what you did so i can learn from it and expand my knowledge base on how to get it where i want it. thanks in advance.I would suggest the you apply "Centerline" to the text. Set the text to use the 60 degree V-bit, remove the BOLD setting, and set the "Spacing to 10.
Your text and shield are also not at a true right angle, they're set to 89. You do not need to turn them with the green dot, you may go to the "Angle" box and over-type with 90.
AskBud

SteveNelson46
03-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Joe

I made some modifications and applied your shield pattern and text to a background pattern. This one I made and you are free to use it but, there are many in the Carvewright Pattern store that may be more appropriate. I changed the text to "raster" in case you don't have the centerline add-on.

k9smith
03-28-2012, 12:05 PM
thanks for the help i will check on it when i get home. i do have the centerline and confroming vectors. good to know about the changing the "angle" box that makes things easier. lol. I will report back my findings.

fspearman1
03-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Good job to the maker on this project.

This is a prime example of why the software needs to be modified to enable turning the "board" to orient the grain to a n/s direction.

k9smith
03-29-2012, 09:05 AM
As the old saying goes there is more than one way to skina cat. Lol Thanks to everyone who responded I now have a few more options at mydisposal when designing. The most important thing is that this has grown my knowledgeof the software more than it was before. Once I have the project completed Iwill post a picture the best part is I liked all of the ideas and none of themwere wrong just a different take on how to do it. Thanks again for everyone’shelp.