PDA

View Full Version : Need help with what should be a simple pattern...

arttocad
03-28-2012, 12:49 AM
I need to make a plaque for someones retirement party by Friday and it's supposed to be a 10.5" circle with a 1/2" fillet around the face. There is other detail work on it but that stuff is no problem for me. I do not have a conventional router or the edge rounding bits from CW. I have been trying to figure out how to accomplish the edge rounding with just a normal carving bit. Does anyone know how to make it interpolate an edge radius with the carving bit using the tools in the designer software? I have been messing around with circular gradients in Illustrator and importing the images but it just isn't getting the job done. I can provide a 3D model of what I need if someone with the STL importer can convert it into a pattern for me. It won't let me attach an STL file to this post though. Or maybe shed some light on how to accomplish this with the tools in the software. I have tomorrow off work and would like to get this project knocked out. Thanks in advance!!

dltccf
03-28-2012, 09:06 AM
I need to make a plaque for someones retirement party by Friday and it's supposed to be a 10.5" circle with a 1/2" fillet around the face. There is other detail work on it but that stuff is no problem for me. I do not have a conventional router or the edge rounding bits from CW. I have been trying to figure out how to accomplish the edge rounding with just a normal carving bit. Does anyone know how to make it interpolate an edge radius with the carving bit using the tools in the designer software? I have been messing around with circular gradients in Illustrator and importing the images but it just isn't getting the job done. I can provide a 3D model of what I need if someone with the STL importer can convert it into a pattern for me. It won't let me attach an STL file to this post though. Or maybe shed some light on how to accomplish this with the tools in the software. I have tomorrow off work and would like to get this project knocked out. Thanks in advance!!

I have stl importer, I have only used it a few times, but can certainly give it a try for you. I enjoy the chance to learn. I will send you my email address in a pm and you can send me the file.

jpaluck
03-28-2012, 10:36 AM
here ya go...10.5 diameter with .5 fillet...not sure if can do this in designer I used moi3d and then imported as .stl..all of 3 min

arttocad
03-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks jpaluck and for the offers to convert from other users. This file works perfect. I need to invest in the STL converter sometime soon.