PDA

View Full Version : Installed the Y carriage bearings and.....

Milanth
03-27-2012, 06:48 PM
We replaced the carriage bearings in the Y rail and put it back together. Now when you try to set up the bit the bit won't go all the way to kick the metal panel out for bit setup. Any ideas? I tried to move it manually also and it won't go that far. Have we got the tension too tight?

Old Salt
03-27-2012, 06:54 PM
CK wires on top right side, may be hitting motor and keeping it held back.

Milanth
03-27-2012, 06:55 PM
I will check it and be right back.

Milanth
03-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Okay after further inspection I have found the problem. It is the wire on the cover that runs under the cover. It is hanging down and stopping the travel. I did not see any more clips for it to fit in to get it out of the way but I will figure something out. Thanks for your fast response!

Digitalwoodshop
03-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Good Job !!!! The Cable just tucks into the back corner... We all have had it happen.... Especially if you have the Long Cooling Fin Z Motor... Everytime you remove the top cover you will need to remove the wires so every time you put it back you need to remember to tuck the wires back into the corner. I bet I have forgot dozens of times...

I also keep a piece of FOAM behind the Bit Plate to keep it out all the time. Only if you cut a 14.5 wide board will it get you in trouble....

AL