PDA

View Full Version : Anyone selling a flex shaft ????

ktjwilliams
03-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Without any warning, no heat, no noise, nuttin... my flex cable broke into 2 pieces inside the sheath... wasn't hot,, wasn't making noise, Just a pop all of a sudden and that was it !!! So I looking to buy a flexshaft if someone is selling one or has an extra they would be willing to sell... I'd rather give my cash to someone who may need a little extra.. but I do need this pretty quick.. If no replies in couple dayzzz,, I'll have to go to LHR ...

lynnfrwd
03-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Check your bearing. Excess lubricant can make it seize up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digitalwoodshop
03-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I have had one snap in the center.... I had a new one and lubricated and back up and running. It looked like it just started to snap in the center. New one ran just fine. It was about 800 hours....

AL

ktjwilliams
03-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Bearings are good all around ,, This one snap about 5 " from the motor... was carving away just fine.. I just checked it for heat, Just a habit, was nice and cool all the way up and down... No weird sounds, if a bearing was going U'd hear some new sounds...

bergerud
03-25-2012, 08:10 PM
How many hours were on it Kevin? I am getting close to 600 on my flex. They cannot last forever.

ktjwilliams
03-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Less then 100 on this one Dan !!