PDA

View Full Version : Carveing problems. Machine changeing depth in middle of carve.

Dredge
03-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Hello, wanted to know if anyone has ever had this problem. Recently I was carveing a project and about halfway thru the carve, machine started carveing deeper and stairstepping. Not sure what happened so I tried another carve and the same thing happened at the same time ( halfway thru ). I checked the calibrations, made sure machine was level, checked the head pressure and cleaned. Tryed a third project and still doing the same thing. Im thinking maybe the machines computer is going bad. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks Dredge

chief2007
03-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Is it happening on the same project? If so upload the mpc so we can look at it for a possible setting problem.

Also are you using a carvetight spindle or the the old style Quick chuck?

Dredge
03-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Yes I am useing the spindle system. I took some pics. Hope this will help. Thanks5199600519980

fwharris
03-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Looks like your having some kind of Z data issue. When you said you tried another carve and it happened again, was this the same MPC or a different one?

Things I would try, reformat the card and reload the MPC, check the encoder in the back of the Z motor to make sure there is no dust build up.

AskBud
03-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Are you also using a new carving bit that came with the pressed on collar, or are you using an old carving bit that used to be for the old QC chuck?
AskBud

mtylerfl
03-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Did you change the large flat ribbon cable when you upgraded to the CarveTight? The old one was 18-pin...the new one is 14-pin. Perhaps this could be causing the z-axis issues. Let us know, please.

Dredge
03-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Im useing the new bit with the pressed on collar, but I replaced that some time ago.This situation just started and all my carves have been great up until now. Stumped!!! Thanks

Dredge
03-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Going to try your suggestions and let you know what happens. Thanks

chief2007
03-24-2012, 07:04 PM
I think it is your MPC. Sometimes I will have a problem and find it's the project itself not the machine.
As you said it is at the same spot - Has to be something in your project. Sometimes you just have to rework it or start a new project.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes