PDA

View Full Version : Clear Dust collector

jkelsey5
03-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Here is a temporary facebook link to a few photo's and a short video, I am having a facebook site done for me with much better photo's with explanations.
Paypal is preferred
$55.00 + $10.00 shipping
jimkelsey1949@yahoo.com
Thanks for your support
Jim
http://www.facebook.com/Clearcarve

Digitalwoodshop
03-23-2012, 02:43 PM
I just saw this on eBay and it looks GREAT. What I saw that bothered me was the mention of 2 pieces of TAPE to fix the Safety Switches rather than CUT the COVER.... Is that what I am reading....?

Bypassing the Cover Switches is a BAD IDEA.... When not IF the C1 Cap snaps off of the X Termination Board, this will let the machine start the Cut Motor when ever it wants... Like when you have your fingers wrapped around the BIT.... I have 4 machines and 3 when they had the Vibrating QC's caused the C1 to Snap and the Cut Motor ran with the cover closed in MY case because I never bypassed the Safety Switches... And the machine was not even ruining a project.... So I DO know it can happen....

IF someone gets HURT following YOUR ADVICE to Bypass the Cover Switches and they PURCHASED a Dust Collector Hood from YOU... The Lawyers will take you for EVERYTHING YOU OWN .... "Liability"....

Most readers here have seen me standing on my Soap Box about bypassing the Safety Switches before.... So it is nothing NEW...

I sent my first machine to LHR in 2007 with a CUT COVER and they called me.... They could replace the cover.... But I convinced them that I used the cover as it was designed for SAFETY... So I am willing to bet, that LHR would not get too excited if they saw a cut cover for a dust collector.... I could be wrong.... But the "Intent" is to USE the COVER..... Hence it being CUT to let it close on the Collector....

I recommend you rethink your idea on bypassing the switches....

I plan on Buying one in the near future... so please don't take this as a Scolding..... I respect what you are doing.... But selling Matches to check the Gas Level in your lawn mower could back FIRE on you.... Not a good idea....

The weakness on my collector is the SLIT that fits over the lip of the machine. I had a foam seal added later to help but I like the sealed version of Ringneck Blues and your collector.

With only 6 Posts since late 2010 I wanted to be sure you were aware of the DANGER of bypassing the Switches....

Darn... 2 Red posts in one week..... A Record....

AL

bergerud
03-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Al, from what I understand, he tapes some foam spacers onto the cover nibs (or switches) to close the switches sooner. He does not bypass the switches. You may want to bring out the soap box again however to warn of the static which that large surface area of plastic might build up.

dltccf
03-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Just finished my first carve with my new clear dust collector installed. It works. It is a good design and I would recommend it to others.

dave

Digitalwoodshop
03-23-2012, 07:59 PM
OK... I have been wrong before... And Yes, I was wondering about static.... The Clue would be sawdust sticking to the inside of the hood... I would GROUND both machine and dust collector together with a copper wire.

Looking forward to hearing more of how this is working.

AL

bergerud
03-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Just finished my first carve with my new clear dust collector installed. It works. It is a good design and I would recommend it to others.

dave

What vacuum system do you have? What is the cfm? Do you notice much dust sticking to inside of the acyclic?

jkelsey5
03-23-2012, 08:31 PM
The Microswitches are not bypassed and I am not using tape. I am using self adhesive tabs to allow the switches to be extended a small amount. This allows the switches and the cover to operate as normal.

I just saw this on eBay and it looks GREAT. What I saw that bothered me was the mention of 2 pieces of TAPE to fix the Safety Switches rather than CUT the COVER.... Is that what I am reading....?

Bypassing the Cover Switches is a BAD IDEA.... When not IF the C1 Cap snaps off of the X Termination Board, this will let the machine start the Cut Motor when ever it wants... Like when you have your fingers wrapped around the BIT.... I have 4 machines and 3 when they had the Vibrating QC's caused the C1 to Snap and the Cut Motor ran with the cover closed in MY case because I never bypassed the Safety Switches... And the machine was not even ruining a project.... So I DO know it can happen....

IF someone gets HURT following YOUR ADVICE to Bypass the Cover Switches and they PURCHASED a Dust Collector Hood from YOU... The Lawyers will take you for EVERYTHING YOU OWN .... "Liability"....

Most readers here have seen me standing on my Soap Box about bypassing the Safety Switches before.... So it is nothing NEW...

I sent my first machine to LHR in 2007 with a CUT COVER and they called me.... They could replace the cover.... But I convinced them that I used the cover as it was designed for SAFETY... So I am willing to bet, that LHR would not get too excited if they saw a cut cover for a dust collector.... I could be wrong.... But the "Intent" is to USE the COVER..... Hence it being CUT to let it close on the Collector....

I recommend you rethink your idea on bypassing the switches....

I plan on Buying one in the near future... so please don't take this as a Scolding..... I respect what you are doing.... But selling Matches to check the Gas Level in your lawn mower could back FIRE on you.... Not a good idea....

The weakness on my collector is the SLIT that fits over the lip of the machine. I had a foam seal added later to help but I like the sealed version of Ringneck Blues and your collector.

With only 6 Posts since late 2010 I wanted to be sure you were aware of the DANGER of bypassing the Switches....

Darn... 2 Red posts in one week..... A Record....

AL

Digitalwoodshop
03-24-2012, 12:52 PM
The Microswitches are not bypassed and I am not using tape. I am using self adhesive tabs to allow the switches to be extended a small amount. This allows the switches and the cover to operate as normal.

Thank YOU for the Clarification. Good Luck with your sales.

AL

jkelsey5
03-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Clearcarve now with installed grounding post w/two copper feelers into dust collector.

chief2007
03-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Awesome news, I have two of the Clearcarve dust collectors, got them a short while back added my own copper grounding leads

This dust collector does work very well.

Digitalwoodshop
03-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Excellent.....

AL