PDA

View Full Version : This causes the software to crash.

Bane
01-24-2007, 07:55 PM
I have carved a couple of items. They have all turned out OK. I was creating a simple line drawing and added some fancy cuts to the center. The file looks OK and Saves OK, but when I go to upload it the software crashes. Specifically it has a memory access issue or GPF. Please give the attached file a try and let me know what you find.

BobHill
01-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Bane,

There is nothing that I see in your design that would by itself be a memory problem of any kind. When you say Upload, I presume that you mean onto your Flash Card. Put it back in your Dongle and use File/ Flash Manager to see what you have in there and how much space do you have on your card. Perhaps this is your problem.

Bob

pkunk
01-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Wow, I don't know what you did but I've never had a crash like that. Call Carvewright, speak to Yenne and ask to forward the file to him.

Bane
01-25-2007, 09:11 PM
I put the card back in and only 200K total has been used. Yes this occurs when I hit upload from the file menu which places the information on the card.

pkunk
01-25-2007, 10:07 PM
I put the card back in and only 200K total has been used. Yes this occurs when I hit upload from the file menu which places the information on the card.
see above post. Your file is wicked. :twisted:

kwyjibo67
01-31-2007, 12:20 AM
I downloaded your file, removed all the line segments and groups. The groups all appeared to be empty, so i left them out. I re-added the line segments. The file then uploaded to the memory card. One thing I noticed is that all the line segments were named Line2. After I added them back in they were named Line1. I attached my modified file, see if it work on yours.

Bane
02-01-2007, 09:25 PM
It now works OK. I have redrawen it my self and it was OK then, but I hope CW looks at the file. It might help them inprove code quality in the future. Than for your help.