PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking about buying a carvewright.

Dave Morris
03-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Does anyone live in the Southern Georgia Valdosta area that wouldn’t mind showing off their carvewright? I’ve already looked into the STARTU but the closest member is 4 hours and at 4 bucks a gallon that’ll get costly.
v/r
Dave

mtylerfl
03-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Does anyone live in the Southern Georgia Valdosta area that wouldn’t mind showing off their carvewright? I’ve already looked into the STARTU but the closest member is 4 hours and at 4 bucks a gallon that’ll get costly.
v/r
Dave

Hi Dave,

I live in Brunswick, GA (I may be the guy that's 4 hours away, and perhaps we've already spoken). However, most of us bought our machines sight unseen (including me) many years ago. We fared well, even without seeing a machine in person first, so you may be able to save the gas $$ anyway. I am more than happy to answer any questions you have, anytime. You can call me or email me. You can visit www.carvebuddy.com (http://www.carvebuddy.com) to view the email and phone number.

chebytrk
03-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Hi Dave,
I agree with Michael in that because you're kinda far away to get a personal demo... you'll still come out fine with the amount of people on this forum that are ALWAYS out there to help newbies. I got my machine in '08 and Michael and many others have always been there for me via email or phone calls. Just be sure to understand the maintenance upkeep and you'll do great.

ladjr
03-16-2012, 09:16 PM
I bought my first Carvewright for several years, and now have three. The people on this forum are the most helpful and freindly individuals I know. In all the years I have had a Carvewright there has never been a repair of problem they didn't figure out and help me with. I now own three and use them daily.

Leo

James RS
03-17-2012, 07:00 AM
I found this forum a number of years ago, read and watched. This was still with the quick release chuck, then I saw they were selling at Loews and just happened to have a demo happening in my hometown. I went down shortly after they opened and the guy doing the demo spent a lot of time with me answering my questions. Went home talked to the financial officer ( wife:cool:) and returned and purchased it. I upgraded the chuck to Rjustices chuck and haven't looked back since. I love this thing! Sure there's issues now and again but, it's just like your car service it and your fine.

Jim

rickyz
03-23-2012, 11:44 PM
I agree with all the previous posts. just got my second machine. I've had more help from the great people on this forum than from lhr. dust collection is a must and maintenance, maintenance, maintenance..... my first machine is an "a" machine and got the rock chuck and it made a huge difference. now with the carvetight, the machine is soooo much better. just read all the tips and tricks and don't be afraid to post any problems you might have.. the responses here on the forum are quick and usually spot on....

rickyz
03-23-2012, 11:45 PM
I would also get the project of the month subscription.... you save a lot of money in the long run and you'll have projects that are basically plug and play so you can get some wonderful results right away....