PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis Stall

ladjr
03-14-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm lost. I had a Fles staff failure. After I got the replacement I now get a Z Azis Stall Error E06-0313.

When I turn on the power and then enter 1 I get this error. I tried to use the measuring option I get The error. I'm able to move the bit back and forth and up and down.

Thanks for help in advance.

Leo

bergerud
03-14-2012, 12:59 AM
Could it be the FFC wire? (The flat ribbon wire connecting the carriage.) Maybe you damaged it or disconnected it when you changed the flex shaft. The problem sounds electrical since the stall happens right away. This may be one for Al.

ladjr
03-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Could it be the FFC wire? (The flat ribbon wire connecting the carriage.) Maybe you damaged it or disconnected it when you changed the flex shaft. The problem sounds electrical since the stall happens right away. This may be one for Al.

I have replaced it already

chief2007
03-14-2012, 07:46 AM
Make sure the Flat cable is secure at both ends

Could be the z motor itself - check the back to see is any dust is around the encoder, otherwise the motor could be bad.

Try running the User Test - Press the options button, then up and down arrows until you get to the user test - Version 1.81 or higher software

You can test Z motor from there.

ladjr
03-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks for everyones help, but I gave up.

I have three machines and spent all day changing parts from one to the other. Everytime I switched the broken one was still broke and the other machine worked.

I purchase this machine used and it has the old quick release, and I was going to order the parts, so I just sent it in for the converstion and check up.

Thanks again for suggestions.

Leo