ramlin
01-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Does CW use it's own library of fonts, or the fonts available in
windows text fonts? I added a number of fonts to the windows
fonts, but they do not show up on CW?

Thanks

Aaron B
01-24-2007, 09:35 AM
It should read your Windows Fonts, I have added several and I can see them. You do have to restart Designer if you have it open before they will show up.

BobHill
01-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Ramlin,

Although certainly any software program can have it's own fonts, and some do, FONTS are something you automatically have on your computer's system but can add to them from a variety of places (for instance CorelDraw has a very large collection of TrueType and Open Face fonts (proper type for both PC and MAC). Or, you can get free fonts (use care, as not all free ones will work well with many programs and particularly the CarveWright machine. And there are some excellent sites where you can purchase some very high quality font and a Google search on "fonts" will give you all sorts of choices if you are looking for some more. In any event Designer will use whatever fonts you have now or in the future (if stable and good quality), although remember that your point size and type are very important particularly for carving, due to bit size.

Bob

HandTurnedMaple
01-24-2007, 10:08 AM
You need True Type fonts, and they need to be in your C:/Windows/Fonts folder (for Windows obviously, Mac you have to figure out a different path). Here is a site I found the other night with over 6500 free fonts (lots of repeats, I think they are college projects). But with all things, use at your own risk, I assume no responsibility for you using these items (although I have had no problems myself).

http://www.webpagepublicity.com/free-fonts-b.html#FreeFonts

jeri4519
01-24-2007, 10:42 AM
If different fonts are your needs then CorelDraw will be perfect for you. You get many good fonts with the ability to alter them any way you need. It is worth the fonts and the ability to create from them what you need...

There are so many things you can do with CorelDraw that can be useful for carving.. Well worth the purchase.

Bob

ramlin
01-25-2007, 03:55 AM
Thanks all,
Each day I learn more about CW. The website suggested by
HandTurnedMaple has been a great source of fonts. Some do
not work after importing, but most do.

Paul Brown
06-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Is there anyway someone can give me the step by step to importing new fonts into the carvewright text system? I'm not by any means a computer wiz here, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Paul Brown.

AskBud
06-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Is there anyway someone can give me the step by step to importing new fonts into the carvewright text system? I'm not by any means a computer wiz here, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Paul Brown.
All Fonts you place in your PC are available the Designer.
You just need to move any downloaded font to the Fonts Folder in the PC.
Steps vary with the system you use XP, Vista, 7, etc.

After you do the above, you may need to RESTART the PC to allow it to fully take effect.
AskBud

jaroot
06-27-2010, 03:13 PM
All Fonts you place in your PC are available the Designer.
You just need to move any downloaded font to the Fonts Folder in the PC.
Steps vary with the system you use XP, Vista, 7, etc.

After you do the above, you may need to RESTART the PC to allow it to fully take effect.
AskBud

Be aware that not all fonts carve well. That is something that you'll mostly have to figure out with experimenting and experience.

lynnfrwd
06-27-2010, 03:51 PM
One good trick I've seen is try several fonts style on a board to see which ones carve best. Don't forget draft or bit optimization could make an improvement. Use the font name as the text that you type. It is great also to show potential customers font choices.