PDA

View Full Version : desinger crashing

hess
03-08-2012, 08:51 PM
the other day my mian
pc runing xp started to crash off an on and now will not come up says Guie stoped working. attempted reimstall the newest ver which I was using and no luck looked it up here the last thread was me when it happened 2 years ago and BJB mention about the fave folder could only be so big.

Well I splet since than and dont remember how I found the folder and what I diid to reduce it any ideas
BJB if you are out there give me a shout 2nd pc is fine but have few pats on it

I cant figure how to get in the favoete folder if the program will not come up any help thanks

AskBud
03-08-2012, 09:08 PM
I may have a fix, but it's not something for just anyone to work with. This is because you could loose everything, if done wrong.. I've sent you my current number.
AskBud

bjbethke
03-08-2012, 11:14 PM
the other day my mian
pc runing xp started to crash off an on and now will not come up says Guie stoped working. attempted reimstall the newest ver which I was using and no luck looked it up here the last thread was me when it happened 2 years ago and BJB mention about the fave folder could only be so big.

Well I splet since than and dont remember how I found the folder and what I diid to reduce it any ideas
BJB if you are out there give me a shout 2nd pc is fine but have few pats on it

I cant figure how to get in the favoete folder if the program will not come up any help thanks

Hi Hess, This was the post I sent the last time your Favorites got too large, Save the file you may need them later.
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?16032-PE-and-Desinger-crash&highlight=favorites+file (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?16032-PE-and-Desinger-crash&highlight=favorites+file)

I save the files on USB SD disks.

Here is another post.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?18055-Transferring-my-Favorites.mpn-from-one-computer-to-another/page2&highlight=favorites+file (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?18055-Transferring-my-Favorites.mpn-from-one-computer-to-another/page2&highlight=favorites+file)

BJB This is where my favorites is stored. C:\Documents and Settings\BJB\CarveWright

AskBud
03-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Caution
Some folks attempt to open these "favorite" file, which will cause a duplicate to be made. This is generally how the program get over loaded (GUI Error).

If you do a search, looking for "Fav*.mpn" (no quotes), you will see all you have.
One will be a shortcut about 1KB in size (it stays).
You will have one more (as a rule), which is very large in size.
If there are extras, you may have found your problem. However, you need to carefully determine which to delete.
This is the reason I suggested a personal contact. There may be some special tests we do to prove which is the true master file.
AskBud51707

hess
03-10-2012, 04:44 PM
I want to thank Bud cant BJB I ant tell you how many times you guys, or AL "who" have helped with a post or like in this case a problem.
I hope CW knows how much you all do to keep their products running

Bud thanks for the phone call and the time

AskBud
03-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I want to thank Bud cant BJB I ant tell you how many times you guys, or AL "who" have helped with a post or like in this case a problem.
I hope CW knows how much you all do to keep their products running

Bud thanks for the phone call and the timeAs stated in post #4, we had to go into the PC and locate the CW-Favorites Folders (of which Hess had many). He has a W-7 platform, so the search was different than shown in post 4 but similar once we found the correct location. We had to determine which one to keep and which ones to move (or delete). This is accomplished by looking at modification dates. Once Hess made the moves of his choice, Designer was back up and running well!
AskBud

robertdpittman
03-12-2012, 05:29 PM
I have been experimenting with large carved regions and experienced the some crashing. It seems to happen when I've been making lots of changes and have multiple MPC files open at one time. It's annoying but not critical.

I am using Windows 7 and Designed 1.182. I only have 6 additional patterns in my Favorites.