PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 57 Chevy

Ike
03-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Does anybody have a 57 Chevy car or truck or both?

Thanks
Ike

easybuilt
03-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Here are a couple chevy trucks Rick. Hope it helps.

Ike
03-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Here are a couple chevy trucks Rick. Hope it helps.

Thanks Tom, but I need a 1957 Chevy car and truck. If I can get both it would be great.

Rick

lawrence
03-07-2012, 07:49 AM
have to head to work-- but here's what I came up with... let me know if you want a different angle/etc

The zip is the STL for the whole 3d model

Hope this helps
Lawrence

Ike
03-07-2012, 01:59 PM
have to head to work-- but here's what I came up with... let me know if you want a different angle/etc

The zip is the STL for the whole 3d model

Hope this helps
Lawrence

Thank you Lawrence!!! That is great! I am making a sign for my uncle in SC for his man cave! He has a 59 GMC P/U I thought it was a 57, but he wants a 57 Chevy car.

I really appreciate the help and thanks again to Tom.

Rick

Ike
03-08-2012, 04:44 PM
One more try for a 57-59 Chevy or GMC pick up. Thank you again Lawrence for the great 57 Belair.

Ike

AskBud
03-08-2012, 05:04 PM
One more try for a 57-59 Chevy or GMC pick up. Thank you again Lawrence for the great 57 Belair.

Ike Eromran has a 57 Chevy here ->> http://store.carvewright.com/pattern.php?vendor=eromran1
AskBud

lawrence
03-08-2012, 05:16 PM
how about a 1966 Chevy C10? I have the STL for this one too-- if you PM me your email address I'll email you the STL (it is too big to post, even zipped)

The one zipped file is the mpw (artwork)
Lawrence

Ike
03-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Eromran has a 57 Chevy here ->> http://store.carvewright.com/pattern.php?vendor=eromran1
AskBud

Thank you bud. I have the 57 Chevy car that Lawrence made for me. Thank you again Lawrence for being a friend and taking the time to make an excellent pattern for no charge! My uncle is a shade tree mechanic and is better then any modern technician. He is a Vietnam war hero and from the war has suffered from agent orange and worked so hard raising his family he now has a bad back. My aunt now works and takes care of him and she is okay with that because he took care of her for years!

One thing though he has always been able to fix a car old or new. All he has to do listen and drive a vehicle and will know what is wrong! He recently built him a shop (Man Cave) and he needs a sign! He helped me many times with my vehicles as a teen. He likes to restore old cars and pick ups. His next project is going to be a 57 Chevy Belair, his latest was a 59 GMC P/U and 57 Chevy P/U prior to that! With his 59 he replaced the front end with a Firebird front end and installed a fuel injected Chevy V-8 and all electric windows and locks.

He wants my 67 Firebird, but as my wife has said.......NEVER!!!! Her parents ordered the Firebird brand new in 67 and when they passed away she got it and we restored it and kept it original. I wish we didn't and made it a hot rod!

Rick

Ike
03-08-2012, 05:34 PM
how about a 1966 Chevy C10? I have the STL for this one too-- if you PM me your email address I'll email you the STL (it is too big to post, even zipped)

The one zipped file is the mpw (artwork)
Lawrence

Thanks Lawrence, I type slow! I appreciate it a bunch! But he has a 59 and had a 57 p/u. The pattern is great! But he never had a 66, I had a 67 I wish I still owned. Maybe one day I will again? Someday my wife will find a job! Thanks for the offer on the STL, I don't have the STL software for the CW. With my K2 I have software that uses STL, but I never learned how to use. That is why my K2 is still new, over 3 years old. but still new!

Rick

lawrence
03-08-2012, 05:56 PM
that is perfect information-- if you'd like I can try to do a 57 belair- just pick one of these and tell me the view you'd like
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?q=57+bel&styp=m&scoring=t&btnG=Search

Lawrence

Ike
03-08-2012, 06:20 PM
that is perfect information-- if you'd like I can try to do a 57 belair- just pick one of these and tell me the view you'd like
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?q=57+bel&styp=m&scoring=t&btnG=Search

Lawrence

Thank you Lawrence, I looked at the link and I see there must be a difference between a regular 57 and the Bel Air. The first one one looks great, but if you don't mind making a Bel Air I like this one that is a hard top http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=e874efc4c27d112a3898e94181fcd962&prevstart=0 If that one is not an easy pattern to make I like this one too. http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=d319476afcba2b1ce6b51b97dbc16d06&prevstart=0

What software are you using to make these great patterns? I am not sure how I can repay you, but when I can I will!

Rick

lawrence
03-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Ike, that first one is pretty thrashed... (broken pixels) but here's what I managed to get

lawrence
03-08-2012, 11:46 PM
The second is a bit better of a file, but it could still use some tweaking-- but here's a start.

To get these- I find them on the sketchup warehouse, export them as a collada file (3d), import with meshlab (a free program) and use it to fix any broken parts and then export it as an STL. From there I import it with the carvewright STL importer (an invaluable tool for making these) and slice it and then save it as a pattern. I then use the pattern editor to clean up any loose pixels (when I'm not in a hurry) and de-noise. It took some learning, but I can make a clean sketchup file into a pattern in a few minutes. However, because they are someone else's work, I of course wouldn't sell them... unless I changed the pattern enough that it is "mine"-- but for most of these, that isn't the case.

Anyway, I'm just glad I can help,
Lawrence

Ike
03-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Thank you so much again! I would love to try and buy the STL software, but not in the budget at this time! Thank you for taking the time to make these patterns.

Rick

lawrence
03-08-2012, 11:54 PM
No problem Rick-- I'm glad I could help

Lawrence

Ike
03-11-2012, 05:55 PM
I have learned a bunch on the 57 Chevy! What I discovered I really like to have a 1957 Chevy 150 hard top. It looks like it is a shorter more sporty model. If possible because my uncle has a 59 GMC pick up a 57-59 GMC or Chevy pick up. !

Lawrence I really appreciate you making the other patterns. But he wants a hard top so I should probably not put a convertible on his sign. Plus a pick up would be nice. If not I will figure something out!

lawrence
03-11-2012, 06:34 PM
I totally understand your wanting to get it right-- perhaps you can find a model somewhere and scan them with the probe? It doesn't appear that the stock 3d models have been created yet.

Lawrence

Ike
03-11-2012, 09:12 PM
I totally understand your wanting to get it right-- perhaps you can find a model somewhere and scan them with the probe? It doesn't appear that the stock 3d models have been created yet.

Lawrence

Thanks for looking and helping. Guess nobody else has a pattern?

On that note,
I am taking a break for? long and wanted to say goodbye and thank you for the support from my friends. I realize I have become more a nuisance then any help and it has been reflected by the lack of responses to my posts. Things are not getting better so need to depress others with my problems. I apologize I have expressed my troubles and have nothing really positive to post.

Thanks again,

Ike

eelamb
03-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Ike, have to give us time. PM me if this is what you are looking for. I created this one last night and today.

gregsolano
03-12-2012, 09:03 PM
What a depressing 3000 post! Look, people are concentrating more on selling patterns on all their websites and LHR and are not posting them in the forum for free much any more. Don't take this as a personal thing on you. You need to hang around and don't worry about being a bother. Making anything more than simple patterns is not yet in my repertoire or I would have rushed to help you.

eelamb
03-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Greg do not worry Ike has a good pattern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And it did not cost him either!

Ike
03-14-2012, 04:24 PM
What a depressing 3000 post! Look, people are concentrating more on selling patterns on all their websites and LHR and are not posting them in the forum for free much any more. Don't take this as a personal thing on you. You need to hang around and don't worry about being a bother. Making anything more than simple patterns is not yet in my repertoire or I would have rushed to help you.

Greg, I removed one to make this my 3000 post. The reason for the break is not due the lack of response to my request. Eddie made a great pattern for me that was a a 57 Chevy 150. The break is due to I am going through a really rough time in my life. I came to the forum for solace and posted what was going on in my life. I realize I should have not posted any of these post. From the lack of response to these post, I got the hint!

Sorry again I am very depressed and I see others doing well and wonder what I am doing wrong? Life has been giving us some really sour grapes. I will spare you with all the details I have shared in other post. I am limited to what I can do due to finances, so going to craft fairs or using internet services for my web site is out. Lol we are living off the money I had set a side for the fairs this year.

I can only apologize so much so I need to take a break.

Ike

PS Please don't take my post as looking for a hand out, because I am not.

Lol point proven!!

gregsolano
03-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Ike, You are in my prayers, I too have had a really bad year over the last 12 months, lost my job and with the economy what it is I could not find more than a minimum wage job so I just decided to open my own handyman business and put my garage full of tools to work. Its feast or famine. Some months I cant keep up with all the work and some months I can't get enough work. All you can do is keep chugging along day by day, if you do it will get better.

badbert
03-15-2012, 01:52 AM
Things will get better! I hope this doesn't get me booted... I do believe this is my first post! I am a total noob at this carvewright stuff. I am trying to do the right thing here. Reading and learning everything that I can before i even turn my machine on! With that said... I do have a background in both Photoshop and The automotive Field. SO I thought I would offer some help. I have been playing with blending modes, trying to create depth using gradient shadows! But... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING!! Here is my first attempt at what I hope will be many more in the future....51831This is a 1957 Chevrolet Cameo. The first fleetside bed. I have no idea if it will carve!! LOL

gregsolano
03-15-2012, 02:30 AM
Helping members and sharing patterns is encouraged not something you can get booted for. Welcome to the forum!

Things will get better! I hope this doesn't get me booted... I do believe this is my first post! I am a total noob at this carvewright stuff. I am trying to do the right thing here. Reading and learning everything that I can before i even turn my machine on! With that said... I do have a background in both Photoshop and The automotive Field. SO I thought I would offer some help. I have been playing with blending modes, trying to create depth using gradient shadows! But... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING!! Here is my first attempt at what I hope will be many more in the future....51831This is a 1957 Chevrolet Cameo. The first fleetside bed. I have no idea if it will carve!! LOL

AskBud
03-15-2012, 05:24 AM
Things will get better! I hope this doesn't get me booted... I do believe this is my first post! I am a total noob at this carvewright stuff. I am trying to do the right thing here. Reading and learning everything that I can before i even turn my machine on! With that said... I do have a background in both Photoshop and The automotive Field. SO I thought I would offer some help. I have been playing with blending modes, trying to create depth using gradient shadows! But... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING!! Here is my first attempt at what I hope will be many more in the future....51831This is a 1957 Chevrolet Cameo. The first fleetside bed. I have no idea if it will carve!! LOLYou're off to a good start! Many folks will want the pattern without the rectangle, as it would allow them to better apply the item to their specific project. If they just want the pattern in a rectangle, they can do that themselves.

You may delete the rectangle in your photo shop or in the CW-Pattern Editor. It's standard with the Probe and may be purchased by itself, however, the entire package is the better deal. The patterns we offer in the forum usually may not be altered which may limit its usage by others. My "download" link, below, has several lessons on Pattern Editor, if you need insight.

There is also a special forum section (Pattern Sharing) for us to better post our free patterns found at this link.
http://forum.carvewright.com/forumdisplay.php?67-Pattern-Sharing

Keep up the good work!
AskBud

Ike
03-15-2012, 05:46 PM

Welcome to the forum Bert! That is a great first pattern. I appreciate you doing it for me and I sent a PM to you. I have been banned before and helping others won't get you booted! If you have any questions post away and many members will help! Unless you are on the sh!t list! Even then you will get help from somebody! I will always try to help when I can.

Again welcome and this is you 2nd post and my 3002!

Ike

badbert
03-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Ok second try... LOL5184651847

AskBud
03-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Ok second try... LOL5184651847Now you're cookin!
AskBud

Ike
03-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Ok second try... LOL5184651847

Very nice thank you!

gregsolano
03-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Wow Bert I have had my machine for over a year and I sometimes can't make a pattern like that.

badbert
03-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey don't thank me! I am just beginning to see things in height map mode. I recognized from the tutorials (you all make) that a height map is the same as a shadow, light and the absence of light. Let me figure out the color map, and how to paint with overlaid gradients, and I will make some sweet patterns! I am learning fast! Thanks to all of you and your dedication to this forum! Here is an example of my work in the past, for a forum I belong to.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=308504

That was a simple Cell phone! Now this thing creates stuff!! I can get into that!

eelamb
03-15-2012, 10:00 PM
badbert, great pattern, and welcome to the forum.