PDA

View Full Version : Cost Sharing

lynnfrwd
03-05-2012, 01:49 PM
I encourage you to use this thread to find opportunities to share transportation costs & / or hotel costs.

rickroy
03-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks for posting this Connie! Nice talking with you.
I plan to be a the Hilton Garden Inn, arriving the evening of Wednesday, June 27 and checking out Sunday morning, July 1. Anyone out there care to share the room at half price ($220?) I am married, 66, male, non-smoker, newbie to CarveWright, expert in photography and PhotoShop. Looking forward to meeting other woodworkers sharing similar problems and seeking solutions.

chebytrk
03-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Is LHR going to be able to get any type of group rates? $220 per night is a bit much don't you think?

I encourage you to use this thread to find opportunities to share transportation costs & / or hotel costs.

atauer
03-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Jerry,

You can definitely bet that there is going to be a group rate. I'm not sure of the details but I believe that Connie is ironing them out. Like last year, you have your option of where you would like to stay. Personally, whenever I go out of town, I always use the websites like Expedia.com, hotels.com, and a few others to find my rooms. When the family and I went to San Antonio a couple years ago, I got us a room at the Holiday Inn 5 minutes from Six Flags for around $80 bucks a night.

The deals are out there. Locating them is the fun part. Connie should have some more information for you guys soon.

fwharris
03-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Is LHR going to be able to get any type of group rates? $220 per night is a bit much don't you think?

Jerry,

Room rates posted here http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?20214-Accommodations-amp-Transportation

lynnfrwd
03-05-2012, 04:05 PM
The rate at the Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake will be $105 per night (only $6 more than at the Hilton Garden Inn last year). I still have not gotten the group rate CODE that we need to register.

I am guessing RickRoys rate of $220 is half price of the whole stay, not per night.

rickroy
03-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Whoops! I guess that I wasn't clear (my wife says "No surprise.") YES, I'll share my room (two queen size beds) for half the cost ... $220 for 4 nights, Wednesday - Sunday morning. If you are interestested, call me at 413-512-0137 to discuss. I haven't made arrangements yet and Saturday night is not a sure thing ... but it sure would be more relaxed, and fun, to stay Saturday night too.

The rate at the Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake will be $105 per night (only $6 more than at the Hilton Garden Inn last year). I still have not gotten the group rate CODE that we need to register.

I am guessing RickRoys rate of $220 is half price of the whole stay, not per night.

lynnfrwd
05-31-2012, 05:08 PM
There may be more of you coming from the Dallas area than there is the Houston area. Hope you talk to one another and split the cost of gasoline.

Gasoline is about $3.41 a gallon here in Texas and for most of you, once you get out of Texas...you're over half way home! KEEP DROPPIN!

pkunk
05-31-2012, 05:51 PM
Got a parking spot for a motor home in the LHR lot?

lynnfrwd
05-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Got a parking spot for a motor home in the LHR lot?

Space Center RV Park
301 Gulf Fwy S
League City, TX 77573
(281) 554-8800

Marina Bay RV Resort
925 Marina Bay Dr
Kemah, TX 77565
(281) 334-9944

These are the closest. There are several others, because of the bay and Gulf of Mexico.

I guess you can park it in our parking lot, if there's room. We have a new automotive repair shop down at the end of our Business Park that has vehicles parked there. It's kind of a scary neighborhood after dark.

FYI - we are not planning an event or tour of LHR this year.

lynnfrwd
06-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Anyone trying to coordinate transportation for arrivals and departures at the airports, please use this thread. You may be able to save or share the cost of a taxi or rental car.

Connie

woodgeek
06-20-2012, 03:41 PM
I will be staying at Marina Bay RV Resort. If anyone else is staying there, we could share a ride to the meetings. Email me at info@wimmerswoodcrafts.com or look for the red jeep at Marina Bay.