PDA

View Full Version : How Much?

Bill Pratt
03-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Well, you've priced me out of the market. I do not mind spending some money for a project the ultimately benefits you guys, however when it is priced at about 30% of the cost of a new machine (LOL) nI'm out. If you decide to show the prototype of the new machine (the "D" ???) let me know. I rather not be the last to see it.

mtylerfl
03-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Well, you've priced me out of the market. I do not mind spending some money for a project the ultimately benefits you guys, however when it is priced at about 30% of the cost of a new machine (LOL) nI'm out. If you decide to show the prototype of the new machine (the "D" ???) let me know. I rather not be the last to see it.

Your "30% analogy" speaks loudly what a terrific value the CarveWright machine really is! Using the same reasoning, if any CNC conference pricing was actually determined by somehow relating it to the cost of the machine...30% of the value of the ShopBot I also use in my shop would mean the conference would cost about $5400!! Obviously, the cost of the machine has nothing to do with costs to put on a conference.:)

Ike
03-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Lol the last Shopbot Jamboree in San Mateo Ca. the cost to attend was $90.00 for my wife and me. Plus a tee-shirt! and dinner and lunch! I did have to buy a $10,000 4' by 8' machine! But normally their Jamborees are also $300.00!

Ike